who here is also in love with the new "403" area c

iMac

Piffle! I have to deal with way too many area codes. I have most of our regular facilities programmed into my phone, because being overnight, doors tend to get locked and I'm either trying to get someone in, or take them out. 201, 973, 862, 908, 732, 551, 609... then when I have to call into NY for anything ... I have a strong desire to choke someone. Oh! And 411 isn't very helpful half the time. I tried calling for a hospital in Paterson, NJ and they connected me to Wayne, NJ.

Well NYC has nearly 4 times the population of my whole province, but i cant even imagine having 4 area codes in one section (north or south) of our province, let alone just one city.

That would mean a population of about 2 million souls?

My usual population statement is 8 million residents, with another 2 million transients travelling through (JFK and LaGuardia Airports, Bus Terminals), coming in to various entertainments (Yankees, Mets, Metropolitan Opera at Lincoln Center, "The Lion King", meeting up for par-tay with significant others, meeting up for par-tay with illicit significant others), sightseers, and we even have people who live elsewhere that work here!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.