I start mt EMT course next month Any Advice?

Jahism

In the class room its strickly by the book the NR is strickly by the book....so I am staying sleep eat and dance with your book.

But in the real world its different but for all its worth make your book your new best friend. Good luck if you have any questions there are enough smart people here that can help you.

*But I do have to say this....RUN RUN RUN before it sucks you in!* :wink: :wink:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BSI, SCENE SAFETY!!!

Even if its just a BS practical that dosnt count, REMEMBER THAT!!!

This is the greatest piece of advice! I saw so many of my friends fail stations because they forgot these criticals!

I wished you luck in an earlier post, I can't remember if I mentioned that I just finished up the course about two weeks ago, and now am waiting for my score. If you have any questions while you're studying, may I suggest the chatroom. Lots of folks helped me out.

I'd say above all just have fun with what you're learning and doing... if you enjoy it than you'll do great at it, and I'm sure you'll meet plenty of people in your class that are just as eager as you are and will happy to study with you. Study guides helped me, but partner studying helped even more. Good Luck!

let's not also forget "If you drop the baby pick it back up" another thing that they don't teach you in emt school.

I would also like to mention, if you have a pregnant patient who's water has not broken and she is screaming then I would not be on the feet end of the stretcher, board, stair chair when moving her down any stairs. if you have to be on the feet end then a plastic gown is in order.

Trust me "I SPEAK TRUTH"

This is the greatest piece of advice! I saw so many of my friends fail stations because they forgot these criticals!

I wished you luck in an earlier post, I can't remember if I mentioned that I just finished up the course about two weeks ago, and now am waiting for my score. If you have any questions while you're studying, may I suggest the chatroom. Lots of folks helped me out.

And don't forget to ask about your scene. One of the instructors where I went would throw goofy BS at you if you didn't ask. Quicksand in the yard, a sniper on the roof. Likely you won't have an AHole instructor like that but it is always good practice to ask if there is anything odd about your scene or if there would be any problems getting to the pt or getting them out.