partners

tamaith

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I worked with a few morons in my time on the road.

One of them answered her cell phone while standing in the middle of an ICU. For some reason, the charge nurse was giving ME the drop dead look. I told the charge nurse I knew better, and if she had a problem, to take it up with my partner, not me.

For the most part though, I enjoyed working with the majority of my partners, and still count a couple of them as friends.

As I may have mentioned on that other string that I was unable to find, Firedoc5, I am a "Mets", not a "Yankee", just because I live in New York...!

Sorry, point well taken.

i appreciate everyones response. i have only been in the career for a month and just doing bls transporting.love it. can't wait til i get to do 911 ... so i m still just learning a lot still. i don't want to step on anyones toes / speak up to loud. just yet. i m just getting the feel for how everyone ( dif partners) react or do certain things. and think to myself what i would do if i was in charge. or how i would get to the destination ( i say screw the back curvy ways ,straight direct is the way )

I can't say I have ever had a partner that really pissed me off. Many of them I would never go and be'friend them but I never had problems working with anyone. I have issues when the person I am with is truely incompetent and fails to do what it is they are trained to do. At that point it's my and my patient's safety. Only had that issue only once.

The first thing I do when working with someone is making sure I know where my partner's experience lies. Know how much to expect and how much I can ask of him/her. Also be aware if one might have more experience or seniority than me (which is an excellent thing).

You can always work around ignorant or bad partners. Just have to have the right mind set.

I currently work for a transport group and we are allowed to first respond with our ems crews. the transport group has perm partners and the ems crews change partners every rotation. my perm partner is one of those jerks. between leaving the truck check for me to do every day, working it out so he gets lunch and refusing to go to the store so that i may eat, and leaving me with the majority of the pts. (we are meant to do every other and yet at the end of the day i have three or four more charts to do then he does). he is military reserve and as i have much respect for the military he barks orders at me as if i were a lowly private. funny think is on our truck i out rank him. he refuses to first respond with me on his truck despite the fact i am higher trained then he is, and have more experience, and we have been written up for not responding when asked to. and he never lets me drive. its one of those perm partners that i prey no one else has to have. i am almost thankful to report that he is shipping off with the military on Dec 1, so the count down begins. i hope he is safe over there and wish him no ill will. just want him off my truck. Thanks for listening to me vent :)

Be safe out there.

lady dragon, do you think its because you're female? this makes me think of another question. when if ever do you go to your boss to report such behavior. has anyone had to do so? i know in my company there has been a few ppl that went to the boss and and said that they can t work with certain ppl but the boss doesn't understand english all the time so once in a while they may end up working with each other.

It may be that i am a female, we live in a very country. he calls me a F&ing tree hugger lol. As for going to my boss (my Capt). She favors him says that i could learn a lot from him because of his military back round. My Lt knows that there have been full out and out fights with him yelling and cursing at me. and she is very upset, keeps coming to my defence. Right now the way our shifts are set up unless i were moved to another shift there is nothing they can to to split us up, and doing that would very much upset the other teams. so till then while we are at the station i am nose into the computer. on calls i put my patent care number 1 and cover his tail so the pt does not suffer. and enjoy the days he does a shift change or does not come into work. :) it would be nice to have a better partner, but i am not going to start waves. the days go by, we work 24 hour shifts so its only 9 days a month.. okay so i am reaching for the positive side of things. .. thanks for the concern.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.