Glad he's locked up!

http://www.jems.com/news_and_articles/news...r_fondling.html

Prison for Ore. Paramedic Who Fondled Patients

* The Associated Press

* 2008 Aug 5

PORTLAND, Ore. -- A Multnomah County judge sentenced a former paramedic to five years in prison for inappropriately touching female patients during ambulance trips.

Judge Leslie Roberts also sentenced Lannie Lee Haszard to five years of probation and ordered him to register as a sex offender following his release.

Haszard, 62, pleaded guilty to attempted first-degree sexual abuse.

The abuse became public after a 28-year-old single mother of three reported what Haszard had done to her last December.

The woman said she passed out in her Portland home and one of her children called for help. She said Haszard fondled her as she lay in a semiconscious state.

"I wasn't all the way awake, but I was aware of what was happening around me," the woman said. "That's what bothers me the most. It was like watching somebody do something to me and I couldn't do anything."

Once at the hospital, the woman remembers waking and screaming when Haszard entered her room. Hospital staff told her she imagined what happened, but she demanded that police be called.

"He was the first to believe me," she said of the Portland police officer.

After the woman's story hit the news, several other victims came forward to report abuse by Haszard. They ranged from 28 to 73 years old.

Three of the them attended Monday's hearing with family sitting by their sides.

"The one thing they all had in common was they're all in the back of the ambulance with Lannie Haszard," Deputy district attorney Donald Rees said.

Haszard, who lost his job with American Medical Response and his professional certification, did not speak at the hearing.

The single mother and two other victims are suing Haszard and AMR, The Oregonian newspaper reported.

Heres one from El Paso Texas where the pervert sucked his patients breasts.

http://www.kfoxtv.com/news/6231088/detail.html

January 18, 2006 -- The El Paso Fire Department responds after one of their own is arrested on sexual allegations.

During a press conference Wednesday, El Paso Fire Department Chief, Roberto Rivera, addressed the issue. "I want to reassure the people that the behavior that was alleged is in no way condoned and is addressed immediately when we hear a complaint," said Rivera.

Until the case is settled, Chief Rivera says Lieutenant Joe Montenegro has been relieved from duty. Montenegro was arrested and charged with official oppression, which is a misdemeanor charge.

In the criminal complaintm the victim alleges that during a semi-conscious state in the back of an ambulance "she felt someone touch and suck on her breasts." Later tests showed Montenegro's DNA on the victim's breast.

KFOX questioned police about applying the less serious misdemeanor charge, as opposed to sexual assault.

Police officials responded that it didn't meet the criteria, offering no specific explanation.

Heres one from El Paso Texas where the pervert sucked his patients breasts.

http://www.kfoxtv.com/news/6231088/detail.html

January 18, 2006 -- The El Paso Fire Department responds after one of their own is arrested on sexual allegations.

During a press conference Wednesday, El Paso Fire Department Chief, Roberto Rivera, addressed the issue. "I want to reassure the people that the behavior that was alleged is in no way condoned and is addressed immediately when we hear a complaint," said Rivera.

Until the case is settled, Chief Rivera says Lieutenant Joe Montenegro has been relieved from duty. Montenegro was arrested and charged with official oppression, which is a misdemeanor charge.

In the criminal complaintm the victim alleges that during a semi-conscious state in the back of an ambulance "she felt someone touch and suck on her breasts." Later tests showed Montenegro's DNA on the victim's breast.

KFOX questioned police about applying the less serious misdemeanor charge, as opposed to sexual assault.

Police officials responded that it didn't meet the criteria, offering no specific explanation.

That's just f*cked up. Why protect someone like that, sounds like sexual assault to me.

That is sick. I am glad he is in jail. I hate ppl who do that shit.

They are an embarrassment and disgrace to the profession, and to the general public. I won't get into a rant & rave session...at least for now.

IMHO he should have got a longer and more harsh sentence just because he was a Paramedic. :violent3:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.