Idiot Drivers!!!!!

driverfound

Hey there just needed to vent about a call I did the other day and ask for opinions. I responded to a MVA on a highway in the city where I volunteer. Now I know there are a lot of you guys and gals that could understand exactly where this is going.......THE BIG RED AND WHITE FIRETRUCK MEANS YOU CANT GO PAST!! Seriously do they have a idiot compatability test with people and only the biggest morons get the right to almost slam into the back of a 40k pound traffic cone. What do you think?

Yep, had 'em and will have 'em again. They are really cracking down on that in IL very seriously. Even if you are on the side of the Interstate, if they don't get in the opposite lane, they will be ticketed.

My understanding that if it is a two lane road and they pass at a normal rate of speed, even if someone is guiding traffic, they get a ticket and loose their license for 3-9 months.

Right at a year ago on the Interstate had a Greyhound bus not get into the passing lane and struck a fireman killing him.

Plus, how many officers are killed every year while trying to write a ticket or even just getting out of their cars by drivers not moving over?

I guess you've never had a vehicle crash at the start of an exit ramp off the highway, with all otherwise exiting traffic being directed not to go there, and some idiot arguing with the rescuers that we had to move out of his way, that he might exit anyway?

Add that it was an overturned car, and he couldn't have gotten by anyway.

I figure his reason that he thought he could just tell pre-merger EMS, the FDNY, and the NYPD's Highway Patrol to get out of his way was because he was in a 2 seater red convertible sports car.

Had a large semi-dump truck over turn on a two lane street, narrow in matter of fact. Cars could get around but had an officer directing traffic. One idiot didn't even slow down or obey the cop at first. But the cop did get him stopped. The guy started yelling to just give him a ticket and let him go ASAP. No reason given. Paul, the cop, said he was just going to give him a written warning, but if he wanted a ticket, so be it.

Sometimes people just never fail to amaze.

Anyone else remember (advantage of being older) an "Adam 12" episode, where a woman insisted they issue her a ticket for her bald tires, so she could get them (new tires) out of her cheap husband?

Anyone else remember (advantage of being older) an "Adam 12" episode, where a woman insisted they issue her a ticket for her bald tires, so she could get them (new tires) out of her cheap husband?

Guilty. I remember quite well.

Yes I had one of those and of course the guy was drunk on a country road and did hit the fire truck. His excuse was oh I didnt see it.

thsign.gif

I wish I had a $ for every time I have seen this kind of stuff.

You can Correct Wrong, You can Sometimes Justify Mistaken, but you just can't fix STUPID!

I wish I had a $ for every time I have seen this kind of stuff.

You can Correct Wrong, You can Sometimes Justify Mistaken, but you just can't fix STUPID!

sure you can you just have to know how deep to bury it :wink: :wink: :wink: