Bledsoe article: The Vanity of EMS

VentMedic

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve Berry, of "I'm Not an Ambulance Driver" fame, has the greatest of all acronyms to follow a name.

MDOASAADD

Mack Daddy of all Smart Alecked Ambulance Driving Dudes.

:lol:

There's many of us that would have so many initials behind our names that if you had to write them all out that it would take up three pages. You just need one set, your actual level of certification/ licensure.

I actually debated about starting a thread for everyone to list their "accomplishments" for just kicks & giggles. But I thought, "Naw". Some may try to dazzle everyone with BS, and not impress with their knowledge.

I actually debated about starting a thread for everyone to list their "accomplishments" for just kicks & giggles. But I thought, "Naw". Some may try to dazzle everyone with BS, and not impress with their knowledge.

NO ONE in here would do something like that......would they? :o:o:o

"What I think is funny is watching these paragods we find on sites like this get so stressed out that their heads nearly explode when you 'remind them' that they ARE an EMT-P! "

LOL now what are we going to say when the new Agenda for the Future and Education Standards are released, and EMT-P goes to plain old Paramedic :o

I SO must agree with Bledsoe the Vanity of this so called Profession is diluted by all the 2 bit cheezy courses that ppl seam to need to add to their signatures, ever hear the term alter ego ? It is a compensatory mechanism only.

Standardization is a key factor to promote the Profession of Paramedicine and gain the acceptance of the other respected Health Care Providers. We have a similar concern here in Canada and this seriously affects reciprocity and mobility of labour, just in passing. Redundant quals ITLS, BTLS whatever AND for your true pleasure and enjoyment ..... ACLS is really just a weekend course! Truely shocked that one can call themselves CCP with an 80 hour course .... sheesh.

True confusion exists in the Publics eye of what just IS or IS NOT a Paramedic.

Do we try to correct this confusion ? Nope we are to busy beating on our own chests to see this clearly, as for the "life saver" title pfft it is truely BS ...... ever read my signature ?

I remain VIH = village idiots helper .. just saying lead through example is all and blow away that patients should be treated by a protocol ? guidelines are the way to go cause every case is a different story and some patients dont follow the rules ... ever see an ER MD just practice protocol or are they practicing medicine ?

Well Ok one exception the almighty highly respected CTOP "Case Tractor Owners Program" which I intend on taking very soon and will include in my signature as soon as I recieve the paperwork... LMFAO "with" Bryan B!

cheers

:roll:

Well, I do have a BS in BS.

Does that go along with Underwater Basket Weaving and Beer Can Crushing?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.