New Medic, Looking to Explore.. Suggestions?

cdcmj

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No positions available at this time... :|

I will leave it up to the ones who did get recruited to make their own announcements, but it is safe to say I will be working with several members from EMTCity very soon....AK

Here you go brother...go do some homework.

Everything you need to know about Lee County can be found in this guy's posts somewhere.

Do a search for all posts by this name... Niftymedi911

He only has 205 posts so they will be easy to screen to find what you are looking for. SOme of his earlier posts are the most detailed inr egards to his service, rigs, equipment and medicine.

I would also recommend sending him a PM and he will get back to ya.

I looked at moving over to Pinellas County, but when I realized that I would make more as a Lifeguard then I would as a Medic for Sunstar, I began to re think plans...

First of all it is FDNY not NYFD,,,,,,,, and you are smart to stay away from it... medics start @ around 37 and go up to around 50 after five years,,, the system is in shambles, the crews are over worked,, the FDNY cares NOTHING about patient care, just staying out of the bad headlines and keeping FF in jobs,,, it is one of the LEAST progressive systems in the NE,,,

As far as where to go,,, ??? I think some other psoters gave you some good advice..... a lot of places will not take you unless you are cross trained FF/P....

on that note, both Anne Arundel Co, and Montgomery C Co. in Maryland are hiring, I think Charles Co, is too...

Google the names to get web sites, and info

Good Luck

thanks former... but I actually got my start in montgomery co. MD and am already cross trained as a medic/FF already. However, at this point in my life, I am looking for county wide third services, that are 911 primarily, young male friendly, and EMS only. I often have to explain my reasons for not returning to montgomery co. to family and friends, but it boils down to that is a place to settle down with a family, not be single and 22. Thanks!

Keep em coming, what is it like down in Lee county FL and austin-travis county TX by the way----two services that I am very interested in .

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.