Getting a head start on Algonquin College

Hey fellas,

Let me start by saying this site is great! I haven't even started the program yet and I'm getting even more excited to face the challenges ahead after reading a wide variety of EMT topics. So thank you to all who help answer this rookie's questions. :thumbup:

Now for the question: How can I better prepare for what's ahead? I know physical fitness is obviously required, it would just be nice to have a goal to reach before the first term.

And what part of the program requires more memorization than others? I've got alot of free time on my hands in the next month and would love to get a jump on it as early as possible.

Thanks again guys.

cheers! :occasion5:

Christos

The college should be able to tell you their specific fitness requirements for you to start working towards.

In terms of academic stuff, just start reading some anatomy and physiology.

Where babies come from duh.... we have to start somewhere, why not start with where we come from?

Just kidding.

Good question, my A&P class started with histology (tissues). I guess that makes sense seeing as our bones, organs and blood are all tissues. But Im not sure how it goes elsewhere.

Either way though, best of luck brother... and welcome to the real world.

Where babies come from duh.... we have to start somewhere, why not start with where we come from?

Just kidding.

Good question, my A&P class started with histology (tissues). I guess that makes sense seeing as our bones, organs and blood are all tissues. But Im not sure how it goes elsewhere.

Either way though, best of luck brother... and welcome to the real world.

That's pretty much how we started. One thing to focus on is bones, land marks, skin, etc. When you start with organs (remember, skin is the largest), name and placement, and that is also when physiology will really start in. Every function and the systems of the organs.

Have fun... :( KEWL to have you around.