Do you warn other motorist that cops are around? Dangerous?

spenac

Do you warn other drivers about cops?  

31 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • Some times

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah.

WOW!!

Michael are you ok?

This is the shortest statement I have EVER seen you make and I did not even need a dictionary, thesaurus, and other various reference materials to comprehend it....I am amazed!!

:):D

I almost always will for truckers or those that appear to be working, or moving vans with families in them, etc. But I also pick up hitch hikers and stop for anyone broken down. The same behavior I would give Barbara grief over...

As Vent said though, I'm in an area where there is little to no gang activity, the roads I mostly travel, (Well, not now, as I walk everywhere) are country, mostly straight and longgggg....I wouldn't do the same thing in a larger city.

As someone mentioned before me, or something like it, I believe the neighborhood unity it builds, strangers helping strangers, far outweighs the risk of aiding someone that has, or is about to, harm someone else.

Hopefully it goes without saying I'm not going to assist those driving crazy fast, weaving, or doing any other thing that I may consider dangerous.

Dwayne

Website claims to help drivers avoid speed traps

Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:16am IST

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Drivers in most of the United States and some of the UK can find out where the police speed traps and so-called red-light cameras are on the Internet -- for free. But, U.S. drivers can also download that information to their car's GPS system for a fee.

"We're hoping to expand the download service to London and the rest of Europe as soon as we can," said Shannon Atkinson, the 33-year-old founder of Njection.com."No one likes to get a ticket. No one likes to get hit by a red-light camera," he said, referring to the devices that snap pictures of cars running red lights.

Atkinson, whose full time job is as a systems engineer, set up the website (http://njection.com) last summer. Most of the information on the speed traps is user generated, and gathered anonymously, he said. Asked if he's had any complaints from law enforcement, Atkinson said the response has been to the contrary. "I've gotten lots of positive feed back from police officers. It's the idea of getting people to slow down in those areas and if this helps, they're happy." But some municipalities may not be so thrilled. Atkinson said one side-effect may be a lack of revenue from speeding tickets not issued.

http://in.reuters.com/article/internetNews...R37080520080723

Have you ever slowed down to the speed limit or below it in response to someone flashing their lights, or if you are speeding and someone flashes their lights do you just continue to speed and live with your choice? :)

Good thread Spenac...............What do you do when you get flashed while speeding?