86 y/o w F altered LOC

Let us stay on track. Report a post if you need to by utilizing the report feature.

Refrain from any further public insults at this time. The situation is being monitored and will be dealt with accordingly.

R/R 10 and shallow, labored

Narrowing b/p

B/P 121/78 on your first inital contact then 114/76

You also note pulsus paradoxus

H/PI just eating dinner and started being easily distracted and unaware so son in law called 911

PH/Hx - diabetic

Shallow and labored at a rate of 10? Narrowing BP with it 121/78 and then 114/76? Doesn't narrow mean coming together not dropping slightly? What IS "pulsus paradoxus?" You mean pulsEs?

Wouldn't history be diabetes not "diabetic"? Would you care to elaborate on which type, because I think there is a type I and II. There is also DI however I don't think that's the case and you probably have no idea what DI is. Anyways. .. yeah.

Shallow and labored at a rate of 10? Narrowing BP with it 121/78 and then 114/76? Doesn't narrow mean coming together not dropping slightly? What IS "pulsus paradoxus?" You mean pulsEs?

Wouldn't history be diabetes not "diabetic"? Would you care to elaborate on which type, because I think there is a type I and II. There is also DI however I don't think that's the case and you probably have no idea what DI is. Anyways. .. yeah.

Well at least he came back.

narrowing bp would be this wouldn't it? 120/80 and then 120/100 and then 120/104 etc etc. Not, what was posted.

Shane There have been some criticism on your posts but to come back for more is commendable.

Can you give us more concrete answers to our questions. All you seem to do when you do return is to give one or two sentences and answers to one or two questions when there are multiple questions to be answered.

I would suggest answering Afib's post first.

OK....so please don't get upset, but I am going to take a shot in the dark....

You were watching TV at your NREMT something station when the 'tones' dropped', and they actually sound like the ones on Rescue me...kinda cool eh? 8)

Anyhoo....you find the Pt who was supposedly dazed and confused, then not answering questions properly. Hmmmmmmmm, sounds like her husband just broke the news to her that he is her uncle-daddy. :| That's what caused the initial dazed look. The lack of proper responses afterwards were from him trying to explain that she used to have an older brother from another mother who murdered her REAL father in an Oedipus type fashion. When her estranged brother approached mom in an effort to win her love, mom decided to have a kid with him, then kick him to the curb. :shock: THATS where she came into the picture. She's the result of her mom and step-brother romp! :evil: Uncle stepped in afterwards to help pick up the pieces (and get a piece of mom, too cause apparently she was kinda cute). :roll:

Are you following so far Shane?? good. 8)

SO, now the NREMT medics (you) arrive on scene and startle the poor woman because you look identical to her brother. :shock: She goes unconscious due to shock and experiences shallow yet labored resps,kinda like the Gate Keeper in Ghostbusters. My question here is did she levitate 6 feet in the air, too? Her blood pressure was narrowing, but then again it wasn't....I have nothing for that. :roll:

In regards to her Abdominal pains, well gee....that's the labor pains from her love child with Uncle daddy!!!! She's been pregnant with the child for approx 16yrs, hence the reason the pains are soooo intense they're radiating up between her shoulder blades!

OK serious now...

TX: Place supine, open airway, high O2,possibly with some manual assistance

After assessing the 'narrowing BP', let place her on the monitor and start an IV, lg bore due to possible AAA

In the process, a D-stick would be appropriate

by in by, her assessment of her abdomen showed us what, Shane? her pupils? more on skin pls?

of course, my concern would be that if she was experiencing a bleed of some sort, laying flat wouldn't really be best, but if shes unconscious.... :|

AKflightmedic and others.... please don't be upset by my post. After finishing my little left field story, I realized you posted about not wanting any nasty comments, so this isn't nasty, but just playful. :oops:

8)

Shane, please respond and fill us in on where you're going with this scenario because my lil left field story is a result of the lack of response from you on the posted topic. :D

Nice shot in the dark, LA. :|

Shane it is not often that I request someone stop posting, so I wont; however, may I suggest a few things?

I would strongly encourage you to practice BLS scenarios only for a while. Please leave the ALS to ALS providers.

Start simple, pay attention to the responses and respond accordingly to what the people have posted.

Definitely stick to BLS for a while, otherwise these "scenarios" of yours will continue to derail way off topic due to your failure to post a comprehensible case and inability to respond appropriately, the threads will also be locked with these derailments.

I also wish to suggest a medical terminology textbook. I am disappointed in your spelling ability at the "paramedic" level. You use extremely simplistic terms to describe medical conditions that just should not be utilized at the medic level, or even the BLS level for that matter.

Feel free to PM me with any complaints, comments or suggestions....AK