Paramedics and police, more worried about be video taped

http://www.firefighternation.com/video/vid...55:Video:891358

Both of those are to the same video, I wanted to make sure I posted both just in case, this is a video of police, and paramedics more concerned with being videotaped, then with their pt.

First link removed due to firewall alerts....AK

The first link was snagged by my firewall saying it detected an intrusion attempt; the second took me to a page full of topics, so I didn't know where you were pointing us.

Yup its trying to make me join in order to see the videos. I'm surprised Michael, I mean admin has not banned that site. :wink:

Five percent of the time I like the news people. This fell in the 95% of the time that I hate them. I wouldn't have reacted the same way, but I would have reacted in a similar way. I would have utilized police to take care of the greedy little camera douches, and I would have loaded that patient up into the ambulance to protect his privacy. There is no reason they need to be filming and making assumptions about the patient and EMS. That patient deserves privacy, regardless of how often he is intoxicated and found down.

In my opinion, that entire thing looked like nothing but a set-up. I wouldn't doubt if the camera people paid off the patient and staged the entire call. I hope someone figures out that those people staged the call. The tables will quickly turn from them "demanding an apology" to them being in trouble for taking police, fire, and EMS out of service for a bogus call. :roll:

The medics and police on this call may not have been the greatest, but the guys with the cameras were idiots who were looking for a fight.

I can see the video if I click the second link and immediately close the EMTCity frame (that x on the upper right within the screen) before it has a chance to load. If it has a chance to load, it'll just take you to the main page, not the video.

The whole scene was ridiculous, thats why I posted it. Its seems those guys were waiting on that crew, but at the same time the crew didnt handle it in the best manner, I always find letting the police deal with people is usually easier than getting into confrontations.

We should be worried as a Profession about this, It catches every screw up we do and makes it on the 9:00 news. Thats not what we want, we don't want bad EMT's and Paramedics showing up on the 9:00 news. We want only the Professional Look shown.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.