EMS and motorsports event

Most sporting events make the call as to whether an ambulance is needed or not for an event to happen in Texas. For example high school football can be played with no ambulance, yet common sense says there should be one and most school districts require it.

You will need to look at your state laws, rules, regulations. You will also have to study the rules of the level of racing you are talking about.

so as mike already said please give more info so someone from your state can give you the info needed or at least point you in the right direction.

We cannot help you because you failed to tell us where you are. Correct that error and perhaps someone will be able to help direct you to your answer.

My psychotic state of mind tells me Carolina, maybe North? :twisted: :shock:

Depending on the type of event, the group may require an ambulance. In my experience with mx racing, the tracks contracted the ambulance because it was required by the regulating committee of the main association for any of the races to count for points. Other times we were asked to be at some events for insurance reasons.

Following the first Woodstock concert, while I am hazy on specifics, laws were enacted in New York State, that at least one ambulance for every specific number of expected attendees at an event, some kind of "game plan" for: treatment on the event scene, transport from said event scene, and local hospitals being aware before the event that they are becoming primary hospitals for the event, that they can activate their own internal plans to treat a potential overload from the event in addition to whatever their usual patient intake would be.

The pre-planning for an event can, and should, include the actual event planners, heads of EMS, LEO, FD, and ER departments, food venders, port-o-potty companies, and any agency that might need to have an involvement. You might have to import help from outside the local area.

I used to know someone who could assist, professionally, in such planning.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.