My MCAT score, let me show it to you!

JPINFV

Well, the AAMC delivered me probably the best birthday present I could ask for today with a new MCAT score of 10-12-12 (verbal-physical science-biological science) giving me a 34 out of 45 points. I'm starting to think I might actually have a chance this year.

The average med school applicant had a score of 9 on each section and the average med student had a score of 10 in each section for 2007. According to my score report, the percentile breakdown for my score is 68.3-85.3 (verbal), 89.3-94.5 (physical science), 64.4-83.2 (writing sample (grade of "Q". Not counted into the composite score), 87.9-94.8 (biological science), 91.2 - 93.6 (composite).

Happy birthday and way to go! :)

--Wendy

Awesome. I don't know how your grades compare, but I got a 34 on my MCATs and had several schools to choose from. Welcome to med school, doc. Happy Birthday.

PS-I got a T on the written, so no big deal.

Congrats! Strong work!

For reference, 27 is considered average, and the lowest that most places will consider. 34 is VERY competitive. The writing sample score is generally ignored.

'zilla

My undergrad was a 3.3 GPA with a 29M (BS, verbal=10, PS=9). My grad school GPA is 3.2 (special masters program) because I didn't do too good in two of the classes (but passed both, which not everyone can say), but just about everyone I've talked to has said not to worry about the GPA too much, as long as you passed and did decently well (for the SMP that is). Well, we'll see how this application cycle goes.