basics or medics have fun here ! Just an MVA?

Brain needs sugar and oxygen, so no I would not withhold the dextrose. I might use a more dilute concentration, like D10, but not treating the problem will only make things worse.

*Try to calm and reassure patient, explain situation

*Maintain c-spine (duh) with collar

*Request ALS if not on an ALS unit or not already en-route

*Rapid physical exam

*Extrication; while taking into consideration and preparing any arterial and internal bleeding, especially of lower extremeties (femoral) when dashboard is rolled

*Consider medevac due to MOI, LOC and time out from closest hospital, especialy if said hospital is not a trauma center

*Have PD or other available personel question bystander on his initial findings of the incident

Local protocols here in New York City/New York State would have us putting the patient on O2 @ 10-15 LPM via Non Re-Breather (NRB) mask, not a Nasal Canula, unless the patient is unable to tolerate the NRB.

Other than that, I generally concur with treatments given, with me being unable to comment on ALS as I am BLS.

Brain needs sugar and oxygen, so no I would not withhold the dextrose. I might use a more dilute concentration, like D10, but not treating the problem will only make things worse.

DITTO