Spanked = Dialysis

A while back I remember where there was a case of college hazing that a 19yr old boy was spanked so hard and continuous that eventually he had to have dialysis. He did receive other injuries from other activities. But it always stuck out in my head of how spanking could cause the need for dialysis. And if I remember right he had to have a colostomy.

Needless to say, the frat. (TKE) lost it's charter and the participants were expelled.

One possible thing I thought of was that while being spanked, the spanker missed and hit high over his flank and striking the kidney.

TKE is a problem in a lot of universities... so is SAE.

Friggin' fraternities. I hate frat boy behavior. Some frats are ok, but they're in the minority in my experience.

Wendy

CO EMT-B

TKE is a problem in a lot of universities... so is SAE.

Friggin' fraternities. I hate frat boy behavior. Some frats are ok, but they're in the minority in my experience.

Wendy

CO EMT-B

I use to know several of the TKE's here at Northwestern State U. They were appalled by it. They could be a handful, but for the most part they were pretty good boys.

You can belong to a frat and not act like a typical "frat boy"... you know what I mean.

I don't automatically hate someone who belongs or has belonged to a fraternity. I dislike those who fail to objectively evaluate their brothers' behavior and absorb the "go along with what the house wants to do" mentality. Plying women, and underage minors with alcohol and hucking flaming couches out of windows is moronic, and inexcusable...

Wendy

CO EMT-B

He would have sustained such a severe injury that there would have been an issue of kidney failure, this is caused by a build up of toxins during and after the injury. Usually dialysis is temporary in these cases.

WM

You can belong to a frat and not act like a typical "frat boy"... you know what I mean.

I don't automatically hate someone who belongs or has belonged to a fraternity. I dislike those who fail to objectively evaluate their brothers' behavior and absorb the "go along with what the house wants to do" mentality. Plying women, and underage minors with alcohol and hucking flaming couches out of windows is moronic, and inexcusable...

Wendy

CO EMT-B

My niece turned down a Sorority with that kind of reputation. They were also known for their "entrance practices".

I know what you meant, I wasn't being serious. That said, I wish I could say that I didn't spend my early 20's attempting to ply women with ETOH, (or myself for that matter), and there may actually have been one flaming couch that I can recall.

My girlfriend often reminds me when someone tells her a story about some stunt I pulled years ago, "I would never have dated you then." :)

My girlfriend often reminds me when someone tells her a story about some stunt I pulled years ago, "I would never have dated you then." :)

I've heard that before.

A while back I remember where there was a case of college hazing that a 19yr old boy was spanked so hard and continuous that eventually he had to have dialysis. He did receive other injuries from other activities. But it always stuck out in my head of how spanking could cause the need for dialysis. And if I remember right he had to have a colostomy.

Needless to say, the frat. (TKE) lost it's charter and the participants were expelled.

One possible thing I thought of was that while being spanked, the spanker missed and hit high over his flank and striking the kidney.

Any injury that can cause severe bruising or a tear either externally or internally can lead to infection. The infection turns to sepsis which can happen rapidly. Sepsis can also lead to severe hypotension. This can lead to ischemia which can injure the bowel and kidneys. The antibotics used to treat the sepsis can also harm the kidneys as well as lead to other infections that can injure the bowel.