IMPORTANT Advice

While posting on another topic, I remembered this advice:

Guys, anytime you have a minor female and you don't have a woman partner, always, always request the mother or another close relative to ride in with you. When it's a youth group, like a class trip, get a female sponsor ride in with you. I learned quickly from the mistakes of others. Don't get burned. Whether something did happen, or a false accusation is made, CYA. There was one Medic that I had in several of the classes I had taught did cross the line. Got a little "feely" and evidently did penetrate a 16yr. old that wasn't as comatose as she let on to be. BUSTED.

I know most of you already know all this, so it's just a reminder, and to the "young'uns" up and coming, it's just some advice from an elder.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firedoc, that medic didn't get Burned so much as found out.

What the hell is his partner doing? Don't they look in the patient compartment mirror ever?

The mirrors that we had on our trucks at one service could see the cot and the patient.

This is a fine example of cameras being needed in the back.

Firedoc, that medic didn't get Burned so much as found out.

What the hell is his partner doing? Don't they look in the patient compartment mirror ever?

The mirrors that we had on our trucks at one service could see the cot and the patient.

This is a fine example of cameras being needed in the back.

His partner was just driving. And I believe it was at night and they had the lights on low in the back. I didn't mean to include him regarding being burned. He just got caught red handed. I was meaning how some gals can make a false claim hoping for money or attention. It's just one's word over another. So, you just don't give them the opportunity of the situation, they can't make those kind of claims.

I completely agree with you. The one guy was just a freaking moron. This was not molestation it was rape.

As for the bringing of a chaperone along, unfortunately most services will allow you to let riders only sit in the passenger seat of the ambulance and they can't see everything.

Just don't give them any opportunity to accuse you.

unfortunately once the allegation is made then the accused is usually F*&**#&cked.

The court of public opinion is very very mean. If a young girl says it happened the by golly it happened even if she recants publicly.

You just do what you are trained to do and unfortunately this is a risk that we have to accept.

When I heard it was him, and what he had done, I was flabbergasted. I couldn't believe it. And he was one of the brightest young medics I had in a long time. But he admitted to it. After that he sort of fell off the face of the earth. Not surprising. He didn't seem to have any excuse. Maybe he watched "Mother, Jugs, & Speed" once too often. At least he didn't drop his pants.

Maybe he watched "Mother, Jugs, & Speed" once too often.

When anyone imitates MJ&S' Murdoch, in that regard, it is time to get rid of that one, to protect the (alleged) good name of the agency!

When anyone imitates MJ&S' Murdoch, in that regard, it is time to get rid of that one, to protect the (alleged) good name of the agency!

Yeah, you might wind up with F&U Ambulance Serv.

OK, culling from several threads to comment here...

For any female patient, attempt to have another female, preferably adult, accompany the patient. Emphasis "attempt," and don't delay transport unnecessarily awaiting one.

When transporting an unaccompanied female, or a minor aged person, especially when your radio communications are recorded, use that recording to your advantage. Put over the air your unit, destination, current mileage (down to the decimal point!) and the time. On arrival at the destination, again on the air, your unit, the mileage at the destination, and the time. If you have a Computer Assisted Dispatch system that allows it, enter the mileage at the start of the transport, and again at the destination, the CAD system will automatically "time-stamp" it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.