Jr. EMT

Welcome to the City. What state are you in? You may want to look for a Venturing or Exploring program that has a focus on EMS or Fire in your area. (Part of the Boy Scouts of America.)

What about taking a CPR and first aid class, and going for your lifeguard?

Wendy

CO EMT-B

At the very least, you'd have to be 16 years of age to be an EMT or First Responder. Next, your state would have to recognize you, if they don't allow someone to be an EMT or FR(CFR) under the age of 18. What that means is, you can take the class as early as 17yrs/o; however you must be 18 to take the written and practical courses.

Everyone will argue something different, but each case is different, as far as age requirements. If you look into your states' Child Labor Act, it may outline what kinds of activities you can be involved in at the ages of 14-17.

I would suggest starting w/ CPR, Standard and Advanced First Aid, at your age (as it shows, 15). Many areas, like Wendy said, have explorer programs. That would probably be the best place to start.

You can also check with your local Red Cross Chapter and see what they have available as far as CPR and Life Saving courses to (pardon the pun) get your feet wet. It's always best to start in your local community. And welcome aboard.

Do you guys know any thing about Jr. EMT Training and where I could sign up and begin trainging

The real question is, 'are we mindreaders who can somehow guess where you live in order to answer your question?'

If you're in the state of Colorado, you can get your First Responder. At least in the Boy Scouts. Until I know where you are though, I can't offer much in the way of help. Good luck!

Wendy

CO EMT-B

Alright, I'm doing your homework for you... Which of these districts do you live in?

* Black Diamond is located in Schuyler, Sullivan, Putnam, Adair, Scotland, Knox, Linn, Macon, and Western Shelby, counties.

* Boonslick is located in Boone, Cooper and Howard counties

* Chariton Valley is located in Randolph, Chariton, and Western Monroe counties.

* Five Rivers is located in Cole, Osage, Gasconade and Maries counties.

* Grand Prairie is located in Callaway, Audrain and Montgomery counties.

* Kinderhook is located in Morgan, Moniteau and Camden counties.

* Mark Twain is located in Pike, Ralls, Lewis, Monroe, Marion and Eastern Shelby counties.

* Osage Trails is located in Saline, Pettis and Benton counties.

* Boone Trails District is located in Saint Charles, Lincoln, and Warren counties in Missouri.

* Cherokee District is located in Southern Scott, Eastern Stoddard, New Madrid, Mississippi, Dunklin, and Pemiscot counties in Missouri.

* Egyptian District is located in Hamilton, Franklin, Williamson, and Saline counties in Illinois.

* Grand Towers District is located in Saint Louis, Missouri.

* Gravois Trail District is located in south Saint Louis County, Missouri.

* Kaskaskia District is located in Perry, Jackson, Union, Alexander, Pulaski, and Johnson counties in Illinois.

* New Horizons District is located in west Saint Louis County, Missouri.

* North Star District is located in north Saint Louis County, Missouri

* Osage District is located in Franklin and Crawford counties in Missouri.

* Ozark Trailblazers District is located in Washington, Iron, Reynolds, Madison, Saint Francois, and Sainte Genevieve counties in Missouri.

* Pathfinder District is located in mid Saint Louis County, Missouri.

* River Trails District is located in Jefferson County, Missouri.

* Shawnee District is located in Cape Girardeau, Bollinger, Madison, Perry, and Northern Scott counties in Missouri.

* Sioux District is located in Southern Reynolds, Wayne, Western Stoddard, Carter, Butler, and Ripley counties in Missouri.

* Thunderbird District is located in South Saint Louis, Missouri.

Let me know which one you're in and I'll see what more I can find.... until I know what council and district you're in, I can't find out if there's any Venturing programs that would fit the bill down there.

Wendy

CO EMT-B

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.