Oh Wow! - I'm a paramedic

Ya know, if it actually saved the NREMT (and us) some money to not give us a breakdown of our test results, I might actually find some benefit in this. But they still have to send you an envelope with your card, patch, and illustration of the secret handshake in it anyhow, so wtf is one more piece of paper in there? Seriously!

I'm really not so much concerned with my overall score as I am with the breakdown of my performance in the sub-scales. I always liked knowing what my strengths and weaknesses were.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, we got a break down for basic. But that was the written still I guess. But I would also have liked a breakdown of my results, though looking back it's hard to imagine what the breakdown would look like. It didn't seem nearly as category focused as the basic exam.

Plus I don't really see an issue with giving my grade in comparison to the entire field...

If I killed it, as judged by being compared to my nation wide peers, I'd add that to my resume packet. As well, if I sucked it seems a good thing for my employer to know. I understand there are reasons for smart people to suck at tests, but they can make that argument when applying...

The only real problem I see with this is that the next logical step is to study grades based on future job prospects, and/or comparing types of education. Some fields/schools/curricula may not like the numbers scrutinized to that degree....

Dwayne

The instructor I teach for gets a breakdown of NREMT(B) pass and fails with a score breakdown by subject matter. I suppose if you're in good with your course coordinator, you could get the info.

Any idea if they get them for medic?

Dwayne