The one piece of gear....

We've all talked about the items we carry on duty....stethoscope, pager, tape, etc.

Rather than listing all items you carry I am asking what is the one item that you would most want to carry, or least do without, or that would do the most good for the patient.....Fire away

haven't we been here done this before.

Wow ruff since I have turned over a new leaf and not been in trouble for more than a month have you decided to take my place as the grouchy do a search person? :shock: :twisted: :D

You would never hear me say already done even though this has. You would never have me tell someone do a search even though they should have. :^o

The *one* thing that will make the difference for every patient, every time? My brain.

Can't do crap with all the junk that's made in China hanging off my person if I don't use the brain first...

Wendy

CO EMT-B

Wow ruff since I have turned over a new leaf and not been in trouble for more than a month have you decided to take my place as the grouchy do a search person? :shock: :twisted: :D

You would never hear me say already done even though this has. You would never have me tell someone do a search even though they should have. :^o

actually I believe we've had at least 5 discussions of this type in the past year. The search function works about 1% of the time when I want to look for something.

I'm not a grouch and I do owe you some prize for being so good, Here's a cookie!!!!!!

I agree with Wendy, my brain is my most important piece of equipment and my 2nd most importance piece of equipment is my common sense.

All other equipment is relative.

actually I believe we've had at least 5 discussions of this type in the past year. The search function works about 1% of the time when I want to look for something.

I'm not a grouch and I do owe you some prize for being so good, Here's a cookie!!!!!!

I agree with Wendy, my brain is my most important piece of equipment and my 2nd most importance piece of equipment is my common sense.

All other equipment is relative.

:D:D:D:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Remember common sense is not allowed. If it was EMS would have advanced instead of gone downhill.

Thanks for the cookie. :D That was chocolate and not exlax wasn't it? :pottytrain5: :pottytrain4:

As long as I remember my watch, the ambulance has everything else. It has it's own gloves, scope, penlights and tape. Why would I need to bring my own?

If you run with or work for a BYOE ambulance, maybe it's time to find a new service.

[spoil:59a52cd91f]BYOE = bring your own equipment[/spoil:59a52cd91f]

My iPod. Doesn't do the patient any good, but it sure keeps me happy.

Except for my watch, everything else is provided by my employer.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.