Muskogee County EMS

First welcome to the site; but oh, please... Review Muskogee protocols, they are way ahead of anything Sacra has written and far more advanced than EMSA ten minute transports. I have to re-train EMSA medics all the time, part of the problem is they a-s-s-ume that they know it.. because of their academy, yet though hang a NTG drip or transport a patient with a pleurovac chest tube, or any true sick patient and most are lost. Yes, they make a lot of calls.. so? It is what you do and how much care is the determining factor. I have yet seen EMSA not hire anyone.. true they may not make through the academy, but as long as your background is okay, and you have a current license and pulse (optional), your hired. Another Jack Stouts's vision...

No, I am not a burned out ex-EMSA employee, and yes I realize that there are some great medics there as well. It is a good place to get some field experience as long as you plan on leaving after one year.. and no longer. Turn around is definitely something to explore.

R/r 911

Well put Rid. I was trying to word my response so it wasn't offensive or derogitory to stretmediq or EMSA employees. I realize that I may not run as many runs as they do per shift, but I would like to think that the extra time I spend with my patients (most often more than 15 min) or on LDTs to Tulsa, OKC, and around the state helps to make me a better medic. improve and practice using my skills, and improve my rapport with patients. There are some good services outside of EMSA here in OK. As you mentioned, Muskogee EMS does have good strong guidelines and protocols for their medics. I also thank God every day that its not always a gun and knife club here, though we do run a number of weapon related calls each month.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No offense taken. I was not trying to imply other services were inferior to EMSA. They are not. But the fact remains if you want to get experience you have to run calls. And I average about 40 a week of all kinds.

Just yesterday my partner and I started by delivering a baby with MAS then ended the shift with a stabbing to the aortic arch. And yes every once in a while we'll do full ALS LDTs.

Thanks for everyones help. Although, I have already tried opening Muskogee's protocols. However, they will not open for me. It says that the link is bad and I have tried from multiple computers, from school, work, friends computers, and my personal computers. Nothing opens the pdf file.

It is nice to see good things being said about Muskogee County EMS. We are very proud of our service. I have worked at Muskogee since (ironically) since 9-11-01. Talk about a "Welcome to EMS". If there are any questions about our service, please feel free to ask. I will do my best to answer them.

• 3 weeks later...
It is nice to see good things being said about Muskogee County EMS. We are very proud of our service. I have worked at Muskogee since (ironically) since 9-11-01. Talk about a "Welcome to EMS". If there are any questions about our service, please feel free to ask. I will do my best to answer them.

Nice to meet you medic2001 we will soon (very soon possibly Sunday) be putting our Newest Helicopter Base into service at Muskogee. Looking forward to hearing from Muskogee EMS twice as often! :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.