Real Life In The ER

chbare

I saw that some episode and laughed about it, too!

As for the shows themselves, I think they're great. The public and other EMS professionals learn about the profession, what actually happens in the ER, and the dangers of certain activities like drunk driving. I bet it's motivated more than a few young people to go into EMS.

I don't know if it'd be the same with a crew in the field, since that can make them pretty uncomfortable and still feel like an invasion of privacy. They called 911 for a private problem, not for a TV crew. It's different in the ER because most are really critical.

Still not seen that show.

Is it filmed as a "ride-along", staged by actors/actresses, or a dramatic recreation of an event as it allegedly happened?

Paramedics is filmed as a ride along, similar to the style of Trauma: Life in the ER. True Stories of the ER, on the other hand, was filmed as dramatic recreations with the physician narrating the story.

Paramedics is filmed as a ride along, similar to the style of Trauma: Life in the ER.
That would be like "Cops", then?

True Stories of the ER, on the other hand, was filmed as dramatic recreations
Then, that would be like the old Shatner narrated "Rescue 9-1-1"?

The simple fact of the matter is, people will never act naturally or honestly in front of a camera.

Unless they forget it's there.. and it happens. Then things get recorded and edited that should never have been. Baaaaaaaad idea.

Give us a camera for a day and let us do a little "hamming." We have plenty to brag about too!!

Like that time, in Paramedics (the only time I saw it), where this Paramedic jumps this drunk, old guy because he was telling something to his partner. The drunk was really ok, nothing medical, ambulance was just called for back up, and PD was going to take care of him. Anywho, the guy ends up with a broken arm thanks to the brave actions of our paramedic. Instead of being taken by the cops, he ended up in the ER.

Is that the kind of stuff you want to brag about? Is the picture of an aggressive, uncontrolable, adreline pumping machine what you want to portray? Go ahead... that's what the profession needs.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.