ITLS courses: Calgary

While I know, unfortunately, that I cannot help you in your search, please define what the initials ITLS stand for?

There are three entire pages of search results here at EMT City for "itls", so it's not a particularly elusive term. And I seriously worry about the quality of a system that has never heard of it. But, because I enjoy redundancy, ITLS is the new, grandiose name for the old BTLS course. They figured out they were turning medics off with the "basic" term, so they decided to proclaim themselves as an "international" standard, as if there were some United Nations World Health Organisation convention that decided so. What a joke. :roll:

• 4 weeks later...

So, I'm taking the ITLS course this weekend. I haven't done ITLS since I finished my EMT education 4 years ago, and I honestly don't remember anything about the course itself.

For those of you who have completed your ITLS recently, what did you think of the course? Was the written portion difficult? Is the scenario portion complicated, with a lot of interventions required? Any advice to give me about the process as a whole?

I would say do the preread and pay attention to the pretest. Last time I did it the written exam was remarkably similar to the written pretest (like ACLS). The scenarios are pretty straight forward. Just follow the assessment model and make the required ABC interventions. Other than that really all they are looking for is timely packaging and transport.

So, I'm taking the ITLS course this weekend. I haven't done ITLS since I finished my EMT education 4 years ago, and I honestly don't remember anything about the course itself.

For those of you who have completed your ITLS recently, what did you think of the course? Was the written portion difficult? Is the scenario portion complicated, with a lot of interventions required? Any advice to give me about the process as a whole?

Same as BTLS. Do the home study,remember DCAP-BTLS blah blah lah, it's simple. =P~ :albino:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.