EMS TODAY CONFERENCE 3/2008

WANTYNU

I never attended one of those things that I thought was a waste of time or a disappointment. Of course, these days I get even more of the same kind of benefits out of EMT City, so I don't feel as compelled to go as I used to.

I have thought about attending a convention, but just never got the strong urge to. Now with the information that I can get it all in the City I'll probably never make it ! :hiding:

...... all relatively normal looking. I mean yeah, they were dorky, with lots of polyester, thick glasses, and pagers. .....

You forgot "more embroidery then a grandmother’s knitting convention"….

Btw, FDNY didn’t have a booth, (Pipes and Drums were there, though!) but I was next to a pretty blond Capt from Fairfax Virginia FD recruiting National Medics hard and fast…. :wink:

-w

I was looking for input from folks that have attended past events to compare to this one. I remember attending breakout sessions where there was standing room only. (I didn’t get to attend any lectures this year).

And exhibit floors so crowded you had to wait on line to get to a booth.

I know a couple of vendors who decided not to go this year, because they thought the conference was getting played.

I thought last year’s conference had more of a turn out; anyone else have a take on attendance?

-w

I have only gone to "Pulse Check", the 4 day, three night, annual Convention, educational conference, and trade show, of the New York State Volunteer Ambulance and Rescue Association. Nice people, well thought out lectures (now with Continuing Medical Education credits), a state-wide "first aid" drill and competition, and I am still using some of the pens gotten as swag from the convention 3 years ago.

If interested, link to

http://members.aol.com/theblanket/nysvara.html

Oh, nearly forgot: The last weekend of January, the venders have a big 2 day show at the Nassau County Coliseum, in Uniondale, Nassau County (Long Island) New York, referred to locally as "The Mega-Show". While primarily for Fire Departments, they also have stuff, and offer training, for Rescue and EMS, too.

I have only gone to "Pulse Check", the 4 day, three night, annual Convention, educational conference, and trade show, of the New York State Volunteer Ambulance and Rescue Association.g

See, the name alone there makes me start reaching for the Xanax... Oh no... I'm hyperventilating... where's a paper bag...

I have only gone to "Pulse Check", the 4 day, three night, annual Convention, educational conference, and trade show, of the New York State Volunteer Ambulance and Rescue Association. ...... The last weekend of January, the venders have a big 2 day show at the Nassau County Coliseum, in Uniondale, Nassau County (Long Island) New York, referred to locally as "The Mega-Show". While primarily for Fire Departments, they also have stuff, and offer training, for Rescue and EMS, too.

I have heard of the Vital Signs conference in upstate NY, but not Pulse check.

I’ve also been to the fire / rescue show at the Nassau Coliseum, (all right, but expensive for a table ($800) and mostly Fire attendees.

But, Thanks this is exactly the kind of info I need, I can’t afford to go to every conference, but a few (especially in the NY area) are in reach, I will check it out.

The more and more I look at this, I think conferences are the way to go, since it seems that unless someone gets to experience the “look and feel” of the wrench, the message is lost (why pay for something you get for free… even if you get what you pay for).

Anyone else, with any leads / Ideas?

Thanks,

-w

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.