St Patrick's day is right around the corner....

NYC-EMS

[align=center:538a8d5808]What would you do if you were called to this Scene?

Write your response as if you were writing your narrative

on a patient care report.

I would love to see all the EMS veteran responses.

I'm sure new EMT's would like to learn about how you would approach a

situation like this.

This weekend we had 3 people intoxicated like this gentleman in the video.

Two are now on life support and the third expired in the E.R . [/align:538a8d5808]

Without watching the entire video (perhaps a few clips if there's anything more interesting further along would be better... I don't have time to watch these guys screw around, to be honest!), my first requirement is police on scene to get the guy's arsehole drunk friends out of the way.

Second, with the fixed pupils that I noticed in the vid, we're transporting this guy emergent. Protect the airway. Prepare to be puked upon. Figure out what they ate, what they drank, how much, when, and if any other drugs are involved. Figure out how long he's been unresponsive and snoring. Figure out if he's puked at all, and if he's had any other fluids besides alcohol recently. Get whatever kind of medical history I can from his drunk friends. Start moving. Get an IV enroute, be ready for seizures, and hope to god I've got a medic who can tube this guy. It's going to be a long night for him.

Without more info on what actually is going on, I'm not writing a PCR narrative. I can describe what I'm seeing, but not any other information... so if you really want, let me know and I'll describe my initial impression of the guy as I see it on the video.

Wendy

CO EMT-B

I wanna see the PCRs on his "friends" when he sees the video, and comes back to whip the bejeezus out of them.

You know this video gives me hope.

Hope that this self involved dumb ass generation will wipe themselves off the earth and therefore severe the bloodline of dumb asses that was started in the late 40's. We can only hope.

OK I will write my assesment and Treatments just because I want them to be ripped apart and spit on so I can learn from my superiors.

As much Hx as possible. How much alcohol?, What kind?, any other drug use?, when last seen normal? Past med history?, current medications?, trauma?, any complaints of headache tonight? Seizures? etc etc.

Head tilt chin lift/OPA, (not too worried about tubing right now)

Pulse Ox, BP, Resp count, Pulse, Responce to pain stimuli, Oxygen 10lpm NRB, BGL(consider D50), , Air entry auciltation, Physical exam. *Take a moment for public education for friends* All done on scene.

Load to unit

I.V, NaCl TKVO (unless hypotensive), Cardiac monitor, Suction as needed.

Reasess

Reasess

Reasess

I hate the binge drink, "let's phuck with our passed out frat brother" mentality. Unfortunately, I've seen a LOT of it. We're lucky (or genetically unlucky as the case may be) that more of these arseholes don't croak themselves or their friends doing this stuff. Notice that when it's a pretty young lady who dies, it's a tragedy? I know of several unsung frat boy deaths... because it's *expected*..... but no less tragic or preventable in my opinion.

I will never join a fraternity nor sorority. They're usually either caught up in politics, or *really* into the puke'n'whirl gig on weekends.

Wendy

CO EMT-B

I hate the binge drink, "let's phuck with our passed out frat brother" mentality. Unfortunately, I've seen a LOT of it. We're lucky (or genetically unlucky as the case may be) that more of these arseholes don't croak themselves or their friends doing this stuff. Notice that when it's a pretty young lady who dies, it's a tragedy? I know of several unsung frat boy deaths... because it's *expected*..... but no less tragic or preventable in my opinion.

I will never join a fraternity nor sorority. They're usually either caught up in politics, or *really* into the puke'n'whirl gig on weekends.

Wendy

CO EMT-B

Don't forget rape.

Wendy

CO EMT-B

Actually that's where you're wrong; it's just that nobody really gives a crap when those jackasses kill themselves through various acts of stupidity.