Using 12 Lead to Rule Out MI: A bad move?

BEorP

yes but are basics can give epi so we dont need no paragods!!!!11

[/sarcasm]

well tanks "priase dog" dat da fat heart dood gots awl dem funy lokin beats gosh sur dang happy had me trusty bic pen ta cut him a new troat wit me on my heavy duty belt bat belt

translation: Pointed humour, no disrespect intended to the 'open minded' EMTs.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

am i the only person here who has heard of notifications?

i am not going to wait around for als for someone who's having chest pain if i can get them to the hospital faster.now lets not get that confused with the fact that i wont ask if they are around but if its serious enough im not going to waste time.i was taught in my system that you should not have to wait for medics if their time to you is greater than the time to the hospital.

i cant count how many times i have watched a medic waste time tryinng to get a line in and couldnt,or who would ask for bls backup and not get to the scene before the emts arrive because they dont want to have to do any real work.

Well, after all anyone with opposable can push epi.

[/sarcasm].

Ok if I am picking up what you are laying down :

"So easy A CAVEMAN CAN DO IT ?"

Thats odd, I thought Neanderthals died off quite some time ago, or are they all just in counselling ?

late edit:

ie Notifications: Anyone a Monty Pythons fan ?

"BRING IN YOUR DEAD " ?

now thats sarcasm :lol:

i am not going to wait around for als for someone who's having chest pain if i can get them to the hospital faster.now lets not get that confused with the fact that i wont ask if they are around but if its serious enough im not going to waste time.i was taught in my system that you should not have to wait for medics if their time to you is greater than the time to the hospital.

That's a completely different situation, though. I don't think anyone here is saying to sit around and wait 15 minutes for paramedics if you're 10 minutes away from the hospital. Heaven knows that I've transported my fair share of patients without paramedics because the hospital was closer.

i cant count how many times i have watched a medic waste time tryinng to get a line in and couldnt,or who would ask for bls backup and not get to the scene before the emts arrive because they dont want to have to do any real work.

There are good medics and bad medics in every system, just as there are good basics and bad basics. Just because there are bad ones doesn't mean that all are bad.

Hold it... your system is sending ambulances staffed with people who have nothing but a 120 hour first aid course to respond to critically ill and injured patients, but JEMS ranks them "no.1"? First, of course, JEMS is a totally irrelevant waste of trees that has zero credibility as a gauge of the industry. This, of course, has been discussed here many times in the past. And second, any system that is not giving emergent patients the benefit of paramedic assessment and response sucks. I'm sure you're excited that this system's lack of twentieth-century sophistication allows you to call yourself an "ems worker" without having to get an actual education, but that is a negative aspect of your system, not a positive one.

You are right. You should not have to call for paramedics. But, of course, you -- as an EMT-B -- should not be in the position to do that in the first place. Paramedics (plural, as in more than one) should have already been there.

you know what,justto keep from further pissing off ONE person here(and they know who they are) im going to leave you people alone but before i go i have this to say.

-BLS will always be greater than ALS because you have to learn how to crawl before you can walk

-anyone who thinks that its funny to make idiotic remarks about something that i posted and didnt like,well clearly you have nothing better to do

-are there good tech and medic...of course the same can be said for the bad ones,but its the ones like you people that make me want to stay and emt and just go straight to nursing school so when your dumb asses bring in a pt i can look at you and say you dont know what your doing

in closing,well lets just say that your lucky there a lady present

you know what,justto keep from further pissing off ONE person here(and they know who they are) im going to leave you people alone but before i go i have this to say.

-BLS will always be greater than ALS because you have to learn how to crawl before you can walk

-anyone who thinks that its funny to make idiotic remarks about something that i posted and didnt like,well clearly you have nothing better to do

-are there good tech and medic...of course the same can be said for the bad ones,but its the ones like you people that make me want to stay and emt and just go straight to nursing school so when your dumb asses bring in a pt i can look at you and say you dont know what your doing

in closing,well lets just say that your lucky there a lady present

Wow...

So just when I think..."Ok! That's it...the n00bs can friggin watch out for themselves! I quit!"

I see....

Knowing your skills doesn't make you a great provider, it makes you a great drone. Ask yourself WHY the medics' assessments takes "twice as long" as yours; they're probably asking things that you didn't or covering things that you missed. I know I always wince and go "why didn't I ask that?" when ALS assesses one of my patients. Be willing to learn from those who know more than you. It will make you a better provider. Guaranteed.

And then I think..."Ok, I guess I can do it one more time..."

For every 15-20 Jinketsus we seem to end up with 1 MBC that's smart, funny, and hungry to learn...It's a fair trade I think.

Just saying ..... love that Dwayne and I commend you for defender of the I hope "open minded noobs" like Miz Black Crow but please implement some triage techniques, thanks in advance

That's just funny there... :lol: (Though, point taken as well)

Dwayne

Jinx, saying "there's a lady present" is no excuse to start or stop jackassery. I don't see ladies or men on this forum; I see EMTs and Paramedics. You should know that.

Secondly, YOU'RE going to talk about anyone ELSE making idiotic remarks?! Have you read ANY of your own posts?

If you want to stay an EMT with your head up your poop chute (not sure if the term I really want to use is okay here) then that's all fine and dandy. Your posts have pretty much proven that you have neither the basic education nor the will to see things beyond a CFR's (yes, I said it, live with it) "scoop and scoot" perspective. Whether your skills are enough to salvage your ability to perform work as an EMTB or not I can't say, but please... until you get a smaller ego and a bigger brain... DONT GO TO MEDIC SCHOOL. Whatever system you work in, if a medic with as big an ego as yours and as narrow a view on EMS as yours showed up on my job, I'd close the doors and transport myself. I'd probably save a life.

Actually, DO go to medic school. You need a slap in the face with medical realities and the Giant Fish of Testing.

~Miz Black Crow

PS: Thanks, Jinx, you already got one forum thread closed. PLEASE leave this one alone.

EVERYONE ELSE: Back on topic with something witty and beyond my education, please?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.