MVA while working

Sputtervalve

Have you been involved in a ambulance wreck?  

37 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes - but not my fault
    • Yes - my fault
    • Nope
    • Nope but I got hurt though

August 25, 2001 returning from a call, drunk on a Harley( almost home from all day poker run, BAC was .28) decided to pull out in front of us. Almost made it, we fishtailed hitting the cycle with our back driver's side corner. Biker died from head injury, (as luck would have it, he landed on the middle of the highway, which is the county line the state cops had to determine which county his heart was in so they knew which coroner to contact). We ended up on the right side, totalling the rig.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. Was clearing from an ER I'm in the right seat and we had a ride-a-long in the back. We're in the 1 lane with a raised divider to the left and a 18 wheeler in the 2 lane starts trying to back intoa drive way... the guy behind the wheel of the ambo hits the brakes and then decides to gun past the guy... caught the whole right side and peeled a few things off. No injuries but it shook up the RAL pretty bad.

OK, I went back and looked, then bold faced the print. It was included.

I do, however, agree that anything abbreviated should have the initial abbreviation immediately after the "spelled out in full" version.

Had a car go out around me on 3 lane highway forced third driver into median who pulled back overcorrecting. He crosses in front of me, I t-boned him at about 65 mph. My partner was starting to stand up to do something with the patient. She gets thrown forward into the front of the ambulance compartment. Ends up with shoulder and back injury. Our patient was unijured. Driver of vehicle I hit had minor injuries. The driver who caused the accident actually came back as said it was all her fault. No one at work can figure out how I didn't roll the ambulance. I smashed the dash with my knee and also had minor back injury.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.