Worldwide paramedic programs???

nero847

I know of several companies that do that, but shame on you for comparing us to truck drivers. It sounds like moving up from bagging groceries to using the cash register.

I was comparing the way they do their training and how most companies pay for it if you will work for them for so long. Not the type of work they do to what a EMT or medic would do. There are not many Private or Public companies around here that do that. I happen to be married to a truck-driver, so I resent your statement a bit. You obviously know nothing about the business.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was comparing the way they do their training and how most companies pay for it if you will work for them for so long. Not the type of work they do to what a EMT or medic would do. There are not many Private or Public companies around here that do that. I happen to be married to a truck-driver, so I resent your statement a bit. You obviously know nothing about the business.

After not driving a commercial vehicle for nearly ten years,(Fire excluded) I still detest any link between the two. We are constantly compared to Taxi drivers and the only difference between a taxi driver and a truck driver is the size of the vehicle. After so long I still keep a Class A CDL with tank and Hazmat endorsements. So yes, I do know someting about the business. It was said in humor and not intended to offend you!

We are constantly compared to Taxi drivers and the only difference between a taxi driver and a truck driver is the size of the vehicle. After so long I still keep a Class A CDL with tank and Hazmat endorsements. So yes, I do know someting about the business. It was said in humor and not intended to offend you!

Get over it all we are is low paid TAXI drivers. Until education standards go up it really is an insult to Taxi drivers that we are compared to them.

Well, SORRY to any taxi driver moonlighting on EMT City! (Humor) I'm not going to respond to any posts from taxi drivers!

Have fun talking to yourself! :lol:

Have fun talking to yourself! :lol:

Are we talking Taxicab Confessions here?

Dust I saw the episode you and that hot chicky were featured on .... hey SHEEP have feelings TOO ! :oops:

cheers

.Speaking of sheep/puppys it looks like you may have one of the new flock following closely on your heals ? lmfao !

Here in the UK, Paramedic (and EMT) training has normally been paid for by the employer. To ensure that they aren't wasting their money on you, the trainee will have to sign a contract with the employer saying that you can't leave for x amount of time.

Then to make things even harder, they cherry pick candidates from experienced EMT's. When I was going through the process, 96 of us applied to sit the Paramedic entrance exams. Only 21 of us passed. We then had to do practical assessments - only 12 of us passed. Then there was an interview - only 9 passed and went on to do the Para training. Of the 9, only 6 of us passed the course.

Things have changed slightly now with most Paramedic training done via University to foundation degree level. This is still usually paid for by the employer.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.