questions about places to work

brock8024

I currently work for East Baton Rouge Parish EMS. Acadian is our biggest recruiter. People come here to work for them and figure out that it's not as great as their ads and come to us. I can put you in touch with many folks that have worked at Acadian. you can e-mail me if you like.

Baytown EMS has at least one opening now. We have about 3. Also Harris County ESD #1. , Montgomery County Hospital District EMS. Another option with Acadian is their Austin , Tx operation. hot & sticky summers, mild, almost negligible winters. affordable cost of living. hurricanes, but few tornadoes (and the ones we do get are little pipsqueaks compared to the ones you get up there in Ok. Historically, Galveston is on the low end of the pay spectrum, but they are progressive and hi-volume. You'd use all your new skills. Harris County and Monkey County both pay very well. Beaumont is barely competitive, (but hi-volume, progressive, good benefits) Talk to the medics from each one. Find out about how they get CE's, talk about vacation issues, benifits, retirement. How they are funded, are they the red-headed stepchild next to PD & fire? Ask them about their stations (this is your second home, you know). Old farts like me avoid places that use SSM extensively, like EMSA or Medstar.

You want coastal?

If you are thinking coastal, inquire about flooding from coastal storms, or hurricanes. I realize this is not putting down coastal existence, as Hurricane Andrew did a number on the Homestead Air base, and that lies roughly midway between the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic Ocean, in fairly northern Florida.

I live by the Atlantic Ocean in New York City. If the city activates the mayor's Office of Emergency Management plans for a coastal evacuation, at least my house is in the third and final zone within the Rockaway Peninsula to "Get Out Of Dodge."

I know we flooded during Hurricane Donna in September 1961, and the "Nor'easter" of 1993, and the historians give me other dates we got flooded out.

Oh, as for New York city and surrounding areas? Think High Price$ for both re$idency and other purcha$e$.

Just do your research, as has already been mentioned.

Ever consider the East Coast? Wake County EMS may be somewhere for you to consider. It is the county that Raleigh is located. They are aggressive, high volume, and seem to treat their people well. Just PM me if you have any questions.

You don't by chance work there, do you?...thinking of moving down there shortly...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.