The Top 10 inventions by Blondes

aussiephil

Re #5, the solar powered torch.

I presume "torch" in this usage is what I'd call a "flashlight"?

Hey, I had one! Charge it up in the day, when you didn't need the illumination. Admittedly not good if you needed it for more than a half hour at night, as , obviously, you couldn't recharge it.

I was given one of those "shake up" flash lights with the magnets for either my birthday or father's day, I can't remember. It's lousy, don't get one. But it was better than nothing at all especially out camping.

Firedoc5 said

I was given one of those "shake up" flash lights with the magnets .... It's lousy, don't get one. But it was better than nothing at all especially out camping.

I somehow ended up with 2 large and 4 small ones of them. And for their big test, we had the big East Coast Blackout!

My wrist is still tired from trying to keep it charged up. I join you in the non-recommendation of the purchase of this type flashlight.

I join you in the non-recommendation of the purchase of this type flashlight.

Got one at a flea market, I figured I use it for camping, found the same you did, that they're not worth carrying, I opened it up and found out why, they have a small DC magneto generator (magnet through a coil) connected to two WATCH batteries to hold the charge.

Provide better cardio then light....

-w

How about camouflaged golf balls? :-k

did you check wally world they have everything...... :wink: :wink: :wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.