Medics Ambulance Company. . . .

BeccaKW

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was working as a medic in the Florida Keys, Medics trucks were seen in the Miami-Dade area. If I recall correctly, they did primarily intrafacility and ambu-care type transports rather than 911 response. Most of the people at AMR seemed to feel that Medics was a step down from AMR, but I don't know if that was just meaningless rivalry or more fact-based. So, all in all, I really can't help much. Sorry. Good luck.

Hey. . Thanks for the info. . . Medics just picked up a county contract to run 911 bls calls in one of our county districts which makes them the only ambulance company "on the front lines". . . i have my orientation today but everyone, amr and fire rescue alike, had the same feelings regarding that Medics is a step down from AMR. . . . I guess we'll see. . . Getting a little apprehensive about the situation.

Thanks again!!

Becca

The company is called "Medics", and they run BLS calls. Trying to understand.................. ;)

Don't think too hard. There's a company called Medixs in Southern California that only offers BLS services (partly due to local politics).

They don't only offer BLS, they do ALS inter-facility. However, the 911 BLS contract is a transport service for Palm Beach county fire rescue. They are already on scene, call for a bls unit, and you get called. AMR had most of the county, but now Medics has taken over I believe everything but the south. Even though its BLS 911 transport, AMR used to require a medic on every truck in that zone. Not sure what Medics is doing. PM me if you're looking for some more info, used to work at AMR and know a couple people who work at medics.

I dont know much about what they are doing right now but it is just a job until I can get my fire certs and get a Fire/Rescue job.

Wonderful.

Thank you so much for your selfless contribution to my profession. :roll:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.