should we do away with EMT certification

Enjoy while you can... I feel a ban being started up. Of course, you will just troll away.. to find another site. Shame, one will get a section locked.

R/r 911

Now why the grumpies? Why'd you three encourage me with the banter? I was about to go away, or at least shut up. Now I want to find out more. What is it about the rescue world that makes you guys tick the way you do? And to think I was worried about my golf slice! :roll: But I guess you own this place. You seem to be taking this more seriously than I thought. Pls tell me you too are kidding, or writers. How the sychophants think (write) worries me more. Assuming the joke's not on me, at least you posted what seemed sincere indignation. The bloke who gave the textbook lecture on disagreements of opinion seemed to rally to John Wayne's "defense." Interesting how this played out, isn't it? Live and learn. BTW, how long does it take to rack up 5000+ posts...did I read that correctly?

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice monologue, kid. And you can spell, too. Gotcha. This'll be fun.

BTW, immature fell off the okay words list ages ago. It's overused. Choose another.

Would "ignorant" be better?

(Look ma, I can do one liners too! Ain't personal attacks fun!)

I guess I just don't see the "gag". I'm not upset in the least, I just don't understand the motivation of a grown man to register to an EMS website to troll. Are you that desperate for conversation? To each his own I guess.

But my (your) mom makes me alphabet soup. You and Ryder have some sense when you write. (It's that other bloke...)

Would "ignorant" be better?

(Look ma, I can do one liners too! Ain't personal attacks fun!)

Nah, ignorant won't fly, neither. Wrong usage. Nobody attacked you personally. II don't know you, nor do I care who you are. Look at what you wrote. Doesn't the right to defend an opinion apply to all opinions, even mine? True, the whole "mean" bit was theater, but that is not the point. It's simply a question of consistency. You should know this. Enough of this.

You know, when ever I tell people that I'm an EMT-B and it only took 110 hours, they get this kinda of horrified look on their face ("You can do all that with only 110 hours?") until I explain the difference between basic and paramedic. I bet that the public would be shocked if they understood just how undereducated the EMT-B level is.

For the record, I am shocked knowing just how undereducated the EMT-P level is.

Hear!hear! and thank you. I don't like Dustdevil very much. He seems bitter, like he'd make life miserable for basic newbies.

I am sure many share the same opinion. But that may be the same "many" who don't want to be reminded that their little hobby is short-changing the public of an efficient, professional, EMS system. If you have ever taken time to read some of his posts, you will see that his opinion has nothing to do with being new to EMS. You, like others before you, are looking at words, not content. In spite of what you may perceive, he is one of the greatest advocates for the advancement of EMS as a profession, and is an asset to the forum. (disclaimer: I am not stalking / sleeping with / financially in debt to DD)

Lets' ask a patient if they care how many hours or years of education their help-provider has.

If you can imagine for a minute that EMS is capable of providing care which involves a little more than a taxi ride to hospital, then I would think the patient should be concerned about levels of education. Would you be happy to go under the surgeons knife, if he only had an associates degree?

I don't think I want to play here any more. Some of you are mean. Everyone has to start somewhere.

C-ya, thanks for your contribution.

Don't let the troll wreck the thread! Dust is perfectly capable of defending himself and all of us (who truly use this web site to teach and learn from each other) from this troll who is obviously is not here to do this site any good based on the few posts, and demeaning insults displayed.

LET IT GO!!!!

So, if we get a rid of EMT's, who saves the medics????

And meter maids save cops too. :D

Lets' ask a patient if they care how many hours or years of education their help-provider has.

That's the one intelligent thing you've had to say in this entire thread. I'm all for that idea. Let's send a questionnaire out with the water bills and have each person in the town vote on how many years of education they think their emergency medical providers should have before laying hands on their family members. I think you'll be surprised at the results, although I cannot imagine why.

Of course I realise you are talking about asking them as they are lying in the street, because that skews the answer in your favour. But at that point, you're likely to get them to even say that 110 hours is too much, so you might not like the victims' answer either.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.