should we do away with EMT certification

Part of being a noobie is listening. You DON"T have the experience to have an informed opinion yet, just verbal statement. Can't stand the heat then get out of the kitchen. This is a business and attempting to be a profession is being informed. Chances are you were not taught 99% of the stuff needed in EMS.

You come to a site about EMS with a whopping experience of a few week course and want to be recognized as actually knowing about the profession? Alike Dust, do you have several thousand calls under your belt or education past that first aid level EMT cert? ... Yet, alike many others spouting they "know what is best" even though they do not know the "what" is yet.

Expertise is based upon education, experience for a reason. Before jumping to conclusions read what the context is rather than taking it personal. One usually finds it is to motivate and truly inform you past the poor information that was taught to you.

Sure, everyone starts out as a noobie but not everyone remains one. Alike being a basic most start out but prefer to grow...

R/r 911

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hear!hear! and thank you. I don't like Dustdevil very much. He seems bitter, like he'd make life miserable for basic newbies. Lets' ask a patient if they care how many hours or years of education their help-provider has. I don't think I want to play here any more. Some of you are mean. Everyone has to start somewhere.

You know, when ever I tell people that I'm an EMT-B and it only took 110 hours, they get this kinda of horrified look on their face ("You can do all that with only 110 hours?") until I explain the difference between basic and paramedic. I bet that the public would be shocked if they understood just how undereducated the EMT-B level is.

Oh, and just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean that they're mean. That means they have an opinion on a topic, and in the case of many people here, are more than willing and able to defend those opinions (something that is sorely missing in my generation). If anyone is too immature to accept that people are going to have different opinions, then they are too immature for an internet forum (you know, a forum. Like a place to go and discuss things) and EMS in general. Same if anyone is so immature that they can't disassociate themselves from their job/level/etc to objectively analyze a situation.

You know, when ever I tell people that I'm an EMT-B and it only took 110 hours, they get this kinda of horrified look on their face ("You can do all that with only 110 hours?") until I explain the difference between basic and paramedic. I bet that the public would be shocked if they understood just how undereducated the EMT-B level is.

Oh, and just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean that they're mean. That means they have an opinion on a topic, and in the case of many people here, are more than willing and able to defend those opinions (something that is sorely missing in my generation). If anyone is too immature to accept that people are going to have different opinions, then they are too immature for an internet forum (you know, a forum. Like a place to go and discuss things) and EMS in general. Same if anyone is so immature that they can't disassociate themselves from their job/level/etc to objectively analyze a situation.

Nice monologue, kid. And you can spell, too. Gotcha. This'll be fun.

BTW, immature fell off the okay words list ages ago. It's overused. Choose another.

Part of being a noobie is listening. You DON"T have the experience to have an informed opinion yet, just verbal statement. Can't stand the heat then get out of the kitchen. This is a business and attempting to be a profession is being informed. Chances are you were not taught 99% of the stuff needed in EMS.

You come to a site about EMS with a whopping experience of a few week course and want to be recognized as actually knowing about the profession? Alike Dust, do you have several thousand calls under your belt or education past that first aid level EMT cert? ... Yet, alike many others spouting they "know what is best" even though they do not know the "what" is yet.

Expertise is based upon education, experience for a reason. Before jumping to conclusions read what the context is rather than taking it personal. One usually finds it is to motivate and truly inform you past the poor information that was taught to you.

Sure, everyone starts out as a noobie but not everyone remains one. Alike being a basic most start out but prefer to grow...

R/r 911

Easy there, killer! Man, you had me going for a minute. I could almost feel the steam billowing out your ears. WOOF! I pictured a regular R. Lee Ermey. Good job. You never repeated yourself even once. Joviality obliges me to confess this was staged. You're right, I have no opinion on EMS (I don't even know what those initials stand for.). But this was almost as much fun as the immigration policy forum (long story, trust me, you had to be there.) Have fun! B)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.