should we do away with EMT certification

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With that logic allow me to argue the following? Because of the nursing shortage we should let non educated providers take over the RN role. After all, we cannot expect CNA's to go to nursing school. Oh wait this is happening. The difference being, nurses are fighting to stop this practice and ensure some kind of standard of care is met. In fact, nearly every health care profession I know of is pushing for consistent standards of care. Look at respiratory providers, physical therapists, and mid level providers. Yet, I continue to hear the same old argument from other areas of health care. Something is better than nothing.

Take care,

chbare.

Maybe thats ok in phila, pa! LOL!

dustdevil, were you ever a "noob" or an emt-b or does it go from God to Jesus to you. i am not questioning your education or intelligence im sure you are very educated but it seem like you are always picking on " noobs" or emt - b. did something happen to you while you were an emt- b let it out do you want to talk about it. i thought this site was to help others in ems not belittle them cause you think there question or comment is dumb .

Please, take some time to actually read and comprehend Dustdevil's posts. He has always argued against the level of education and against having basic EMT educated people caring for patients. Nothing personal, just how he views the situation. I hope some day you will be able to appreciate his stance.

Tae care,

chbare.

Please, take some time to actually read and comprehend Dustdevil's posts. He has always argued against the level of education and against having basic EMT educated people caring for patients. Nothing personal, just how he views the situation. I hope some day you will be able to appreciate his stance.

Take care,

chbare.

Dust acts like GOD on here at times, but I have seen his myspace page and he is now a myspace friend of mine and I like what I see, hes a good guy, just bare with him........

I use to take stuff personal, but we all have our opinions as we are entitled too, as long as it is not a personal attack on my skills, etc, then hey speak your mine and look out to what is to come.

dustdevil, were you ever a "noob" or an emt-b or does it go from God to Jesus to you. i am not questioning your education or intelligence im sure you are very educated but it seem like you are always picking on " noobs" or emt - b. did something happen to you while you were an emt- b let it out do you want to talk about it. i thought this site was to help others in ems not belittle them cause you think there question or comment is dumb .

Hear!hear! and thank you. I don't like Dustdevil very much. He seems bitter, like he'd make life miserable for basic newbies. Lets' ask a patient if they care how many hours or years of education their help-provider has. I don't think I want to play here any more. Some of you are mean. Everyone has to start somewhere.

Take a step back and actually look at the requirements and expectations for EMT-B. How would you feel if someone with 110 hours of training got to decide if you saw a doctor at an emergency room?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.