Firefighter gets prison term for fatal crash on way to fire.

brentoli

I will be presumptuous that any EMS field crew has discretion to upgrade to L&S from a dispatch that didn't initially require it, after patient contact and an evaluation of said patient.

On the flip side of the coin, if the initial dispatch required the L&S, and the patient evaluation shows a stable patient, I again am presumptuous that the crew can downgrade to NO L&S for the trip to the hospital.

Again, I refer to New York State Vehicle and Traffic Law #1104, "operate with due regard" to all other traffic on the roads.

I worked for Rural/Metro out of Buffalo NY. It is thier policy that if you run a red light your fired. Its a shame when you hit ice and go sailing through but it is their policy. They check up on us with the drive cams. Safe driving is our responsibility. We need to be the better drivers out there.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.