Spouse not interested in EMS?

For me personally I would have no problem being married to someone in the field.

As with any career there are demands, stresses long hours.

I am making a career change...to go into this field. And fully understand the demands or wouldn't have wanted to go into this field. If I've made a difference in just one person's life then its all worth it to me. I love helping others. Its soooo rewarding!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have come to a conclusion, date or marry some one out of EMS or healthcare.

I tried this before, but my wife didn't approve. Aside from that, she was initially supportive when I did a career switch into EMS. Now her interest is pretty much limited to every other Friday (payday).

I thought my husband was comming around.. I mean, he is, but not in the sense that I would like. He sees how happy I am in class, and how well I am doing. He knows that I feel comfortable and confident, and that makes him happy. But for some reason, both he and my dad are trying to talk me into ER Tech at a hospital. I am not totally shutting that idea down. But I would atleast like some time out in the field to experience pre-hospital care before going a different route. Otherwise, (I obviously am not 100% sure here) it would seem like all that I am learning, for the most part, would be a waste. I dont know, Im a little confused. I understand that this job is an impact on my family being that I am married with two kids. And that my husband just wants me to have a "steady" shift, and more pay. I dont even know how much ER techs are paid VS EMT-B's out here?

I just need to get through this class, and see what happens, and go from there.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.