A SWAT Team instead of an RMA

Michael

One thing I have to say is that I think there's a little bit of racism, or at least class...err...ism... going on with this whole thing. Where's my soapbox? There it is, hang on, here we go...

WHY IS IT ONLY NEWS WHEN IT HAPPENS IN MIDDLE CLASS COLORADO??? If this had been had been a father of a child in some housing project somewhere, everyone would be on the cop's side, and you'd all be talking about what a horrible parent they were for interfering, and saying how he should be in jail. I assure you, things like this happen every single day, just usually to people who are poor and have different skin colors, and then, nobody cares! Hey, newsflash everyone, were in America, all men created equal, we should be getting equal treatment, but think about it, Columbine, Jon Benet Ramsey, Lacey Peterson, who ever that girl was who went missing in Aruba, none of these cases were anything that hadn't happened before, however, it just seems to be a little more newsworthy when the victims are middle class and white. As my good friend Marshall Bruce Mathers III once said "[L]ook where it's at/

Middle America, now it's a tragedy/Now it's so sad to see, an upper class city/

havin this happenin..."

I now return you to your regularly scheduled EMTCity.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I have to say is that I think there's a little bit of racism, or at least class...err...ism... going on with this whole thing. Where's my soapbox? There it is, hang on, here we go...

WHY IS IT ONLY NEWS WHEN IT HAPPENS IN MIDDLE CLASS COLORADO??? If this had been had been a father of a child in some housing project somewhere, everyone would be on the cop's side, and you'd all be talking about what a horrible parent they were for interfering, and saying how he should be in jail. I assure you, things like this happen every single day, just usually to people who are poor and have different skin colors, and then, nobody cares! Hey, newsflash everyone, were in America, all men created equal, we should be getting equal treatment, but think about it, Columbine, Jon Benet Ramsey, Lacey Peterson, who ever that girl was who went missing in Aruba, none of these cases were anything that hadn't happened before, however, it just seems to be a little more newsworthy when the victims are middle class and white. As my good friend Marshall Bruce Mathers III once said "[L]ook where it's at/

havin this happenin..."

To join your soapbox had someone reported a rich persons child, even one that say was big in the NRA and known mercenary, the cops would have contacted that persons lawyer and two or three months later after not gotten to examine the child they would have publicly apologized for even thinking badly of a rich person.

I am all for protecting children but way to often things are handled badly. Way to often over reactions such as this cause more harm than benefit. I have reported many cases of suspected abuse.

Asys speaks truth

I believe Nancy Grace (don't start guys) did a special on under-reported missing person's cases and guess what class and racial status is woefully under-reported in the media?

A no-brainer - blacks and men. Believe it or not.

If a white woman from a middle or upper class area is missing or presumed kidnapped then all the media is all over it. But if a black woman from the same class area is missing then she will get much less coverage than the white woman. Even the same financial and education and life, the white woman will get more coverage than the black woman.

I hate, HATE the news media with a passion, I do not read, watch or listen to the news. The local news I only watch for the weather.

When americans can tell me who Paris Hilton is or the names of Brad and Angelina's kids are but cannot even tell me what year 9/11 happened or who the political leaders of this country are, I blame the media and the education system.

When Britney Slutspears gets more mention on the news than any other story, When Anna Nicole's death was the only thing that was on at the Jacksonville airport when I'm stuck there on a delayed flight then I blame the media.

But Asys speaks truth on the racial issue of this thread.

This as asys said goes beyond race it is also a financial status issue.

Ruff I agree I get tired of all the celebrity crap on the news. I get up each morning drink coffee and watch news. Sadly instead of anything worth while this morning I learn that OJ is on his way back to court, who cares about that.

havin this happenin..."

STOP THE PRESS!!! THIS IS A NEWS WORTHY EVENT!!!!!

INCOGNITO GIRL AGREES WITH Asysin2leads

Very Well Put!

Ruff

I hate, HATE the news media with a passion, I do not read, watch or listen to the news. The local news I only watch for the weather.

You took the words out of my mouth....

Spenac

I get up each morning drink coffee and watch news. Sadly instead of anything worth while this morning I learn that OJ is on his way back to court, who cares about that.

Yup....exactly!

I agree with both spenac and incognitogirl. I do not mean to offend, HOWEVER, I believe there are very important points that were not mentioned.

Scrappy, I will always listen to what you have to say. You have set me on the right path on more than one occation in my life. Thanks for pointing that out to me, and for the record- How could I get offend at what you have to say? I know you and I know you mean the best with all my best intentions at heart, allways! Thanks for the shoulder to lean on and the knowledge shared.

Your one of the best friends a girl could ever ask for.

I tend to agree with MSDelta. This has very little to do with the care provided by the parents.

I have to agree with 'Zilla.

And I just want to point out to all of you- I am really glad that this topic can be discussed in a proper manner- every one agreeing to disagree if they don't agree with the point to begin with. Thanks for keeping it mature and clean.

EDIT----- out of respect for RUFFEMS

Incog, you were doing so well in saying that it's nice to discuss in a civilized forum until you egged Inf on. Now Inf will have to defend themselves or bow down to being a bigger person and end the bickering. Who knows which way they will go but you should have stopped while you were ahead.

I have found on these forums that if someone makes you mad you can do one of a couple of things.

Continue to fight with them - does no-one any good

Ignore them even - that's the best plan

ignore them until they say something else and then start the fight again - not smart either.

You might want to practice what cha preach.

Incog, you were doing so well in saying that it's nice to discuss in a civilized forum until you egged Inf on. Now Inf will have to defend themselves or bow down to being a bigger person and end the bickering. Who knows which way they will go but you should have stopped while you were ahead.

I have found on these forums that if someone makes you mad you can do one of a couple of things.

ignore them until they say something else and then start the fight again - not smart either.

Now Ruff I am not egging Inf on in any manner. I am making a stated fact that Inf has something to learn from EVERYONES postings.

Then why are you highlighting his name in bold, and failing to do so for any other member that you are addressing in your post?

I hope YOU and all of us have something we've learned or are about to learn from these forums... isn't that the *point*? No need to state the obvious, right?

I hope everyone learns something from this discussion. It's a valuable one to have! Now, if you want to duke it out with Inf, take it to PM's! Not what you were going for? Then reconsider how you're putting things... because it looked like a bait to me as well. Not saying you were intentionally doing that, just saying how it came across.

:)Wendy

CO EMT-B

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.