Firefighters

emedic6

It is difficult to compare the two EMS services to each other. Yes there are similarities with the services, Both respond to the aid of another person in need of help.

But the foundations of both services i believe are like chalk and cheese! I work in both services in Australia (NSW) and from seeing both sides of EMS comparing them is well, as stated before, Chalk and Cheese.........

And i agree with PACMAN search or research is the best way to get an understanding my friend.

There are pro's and con's to both. It also depends on the system you are running out of and your location. I really don't think you can accurately pick one over the other.

It is better running with fire departments or just ambulance companies?

I think there's two major factors.

1. Where are you? (Southern California is essentially limited to EMS based fire suppression in most urban areas)

2. Are you interested in fire suppression or medicine?

well where i am from the fire depts are atleast first responders and go out when we have no ambulances available at the moment or a unconscious patient or a code or lift assistance the fire depts work very closely with ems so i don't see the prob with combining them together cause usually your rescue is ran by the fire dept and one plus to being in the same station is the response time is goin to be the same just one of the views i have on joining the 2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.