nursing home nurses

davidkinback

3 words.

NURSING HOMES SUCK

(at least the ones around here do)

Simply put: Some nurses dont give a @#$%

When we get called out to Breathing diffities, chest pains, and unknown EMS, nurses just walk around as if nothing is happening. they dont stay with the pt, they dont reassure them help is on the way. none. zero. zip. zap. nada. nil.

we had a guy that was sliding around in his own POOP on the floor and guess what?

nurses said they "didnt know about it" :roll:

btw..he was yelling "HEELLLP ME"

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I concur

I concur with your concurrence!

The comment about the rigor in 10 minutes was sarcasm (correct me if I"m wrong)

The cursing may be being done by people who are fantastic at their jobs, but that doesn't make it right (and believe me, I can curse like a drunken sailor). Don't we crab about wanting respect? Not the way to earn it.

ITK: sorry honey...I don't think this was personal...it's like everything else though: there's more of them than there are of us (ie NH staff vs ems) and we all have stories about people doing really stupid stuff. Heck, I have stories about cops doing unfreakingbelievably stupid stuff...it's just a vent...and the problem is that the bad ones, like in any other situation, make us forget about the ones that are really good. For example: big pet peeve: "what's this guys' story" NH staff says (after they've called us out l& s) oh, I don't know, someone's getting his paperwork." pardon?

Brat :angel8:

Oh man, don't even get me started on NH nurses.

But one thing, for the most part, I've noticed that there are good nurses and bad nurses in NH's, the same as in hospitals. It's just that the ratio between the two are more pronounced.

I am so damn TIRED of those uber professionals. IMO, you are nothing but up tight stiffs who need to get laid.

Guess what, people curse. I am on a dry spell with IVs, I can't hit the broad side of a barn with a 14 gauge. FCUK! FCUK! FCUK! Get over yourself.

This isn't 1955. People curse, get over it. You want real professionalism? Show up early, in a clean, pressed uniform, clean shaven, and a decent haircut, and most importantly, learn as much as you can for the betterment of your pt.

Some of the best Medics, EMTs, cops, and Firemen I have ever met curse like sailors.

Same with Docs, RNs, and dispatchers.

Ya know how our Medic instructor gets us to learn the dry material? She throws in sexual connotations. And you know what, it WORKS. Is it PC? Fcuk no. Does it work? Fcuk yes.

Do I have an attitude about people who don't know me telling me about my language? Fcuk yes. :roll:

I actually just sent this guy a pm about his language and didn't get to this one until after I sent it. I can imagine what he's gonna say to me in reply.

It's amazing how many of the members here with Fire in their name seem to be so negative and nasty. There's this guy and also firemedic523 or whatever his name is.

I don't have a problem with anyone using profanity. But there is times it is totally inappropriate. IMHO, it comes down to respect. Respect of patients, co-workers, and sometimes society as a whole. Some people just don't want to hear it. Those of us that are in professions dealing with the general public are held to a higher standard, like it or not. That's just the way it is. And yes, there are times things may "slip out". One thing I've noticed is that if you don't use profanity as a habit, the less likely you are to have something slip out at the inappropriate times.

Just one other thought, since I was young I was told that the use of profanity just shows your ignorance of the english language. That has always stuck with me.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.