Turducken

Megan780

Do you like turducken?  

29 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes, it's the thing ever!
    • No, it's the grossest thing ever.
    • Never tried it, but I want to. Looks good.
    • Never tried it, and I never will. Looks gross.

It's hillarious to watch some of these reactions on the subject. You can tell the 'bambi lovers', the vegetarians, and those that think meat just 'magically appears' at the local supermarket!

I've had turducken, but its not as big deal as everybody makes it out to be. I personally think (both before and after trying it), that it's just a 'social thing'....an 'exotic sounding word' to justify excessive behavior.

Think about it, we make up exotic sounding things so that we appear to have a higher social standing than we really do.....

Do you think you could have thrown any more stereotypes into that comment?

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Lone-- YOU ROCK!!!! :wink:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to try it, I'm a fan of all three, so all together might be good. If given the choice, I'd take the duck over the other two, its my favorite bird for eatin'. I'm a yankee through and through, but the few years I spent schoolin' in Dixie got my taste buds diversity trained. I love southern cooking, although I rock a mean New England Clam Chowder.

Yum. New England Clam Chowder... I love that stuff. It's absolutely delicious! :)

I like duck pretty well... I haven't had it very much though, so I don't really remember much about it. I remember it was a darker meat that tasted good with oranges...

Wendy

CO EMT-B

Even while I was living in Louisiana, never was tempted to try it. We just stuck to deep frying a turkey.

Allergic to poultry! That is one I haven't heard of before! Applies to all birds, huh? How interesting!

Wendy

CO EMT-B

It's hillarious to watch some of these reactions on the subject. You can tell the 'bambi lovers', the vegetarians, and those that think meat just 'magically appears' at the local supermarket!

I've had turducken, but its not as big deal as everybody makes it out to be. I personally think (both before and after trying it), that it's just a 'social thing'....an 'exotic sounding word' to justify excessive behavior.

Think about it, we make up exotic sounding things so that we appear to have a higher social standing than we really do.....

I don't want to be falsely lumped into the bambi tree hugging category here. I love my meat. My favorite meal that I have to have ONCE a week is a big ol juicy rare steak. I love twice baked potatos with it. In the summer, I am the queen of the BBQ around here with my briskets and my tri tips.

Im not a huge bird fan. I love chicken, but thats about it. But moreso, I have a weird thing about food baked inside other food. I wont eat stuffing. I hate STUFFED anything. And even the twice baked potatos, I pull out of the skins, and cook in a dish, not back in the skins.

IM sure its fine, IM sure its good. But I cant eat anything that was cooked inside anything else, thats all!

I don't want to be falsely lumped into the bambi tree hugging category here. I love my meat. My favorite meal that I have to have ONCE a week is a big ol juicy rare steak. I love twice baked potatos with it. In the summer, I am the queen of the BBQ around here with my briskets and my tri tips.

Im not a huge bird fan. I love chicken, but thats about it. But moreso, I have a weird thing about food baked inside other food. I wont eat stuffing. I hate STUFFED anything. And even the twice baked potatos, I pull out of the skins, and cook in a dish, not back in the skins.

IM sure its fine, IM sure its good. But I cant eat anything that was cooked inside anything else, thats all!

Since you seem to think that PETA stands for People Eating Tasty Animals, welcome to the 'real people club'!

I mean, first off...if God hadn't meant for us to eat His little 'woodland creatures', He would have NEVER made them out of MEAT!

Second, what you describe is only a 'quirk', not something that will get you lumped into the Tree Hugging Grass Eaters Society!

As far as the stuffing goes, I have two words for you: Stove Top! ... lol

Seriously though, not eating anything cooked in something else is just your thing, (I absolutely REFUSE to eat things like stuffed bell peppers and stuffed cabbage, but for different reasons), but unfortunately, you get to miss out on some really cool dishes. Stuffed pork chops, butterflied shrimp stuffed with crab meat, are two pretty good examples, not to mention cannoli, manacotti, ravioli, etc. You get the idea!

ummm..............GROSS PUKE CHOKE AND GAG.........I dont like turkey in the first place and this isnt doing anything to make me like it any better........EWWWWWWWWWWWW