Turducken

Megan780

Do you like turducken?  

29 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes, it's the thing ever!
    • No, it's the grossest thing ever.
    • Never tried it, but I want to. Looks good.
    • Never tried it, and I never will. Looks gross.

It's of Cajun origin. It seems like something a backwoods hick would eat; from the South. The Deep South. It's even more gross when you think about how they eat it. They cut it down the centre horizontally perpendicular. You get a sliver of duck, chicken, and turkey. And bone. Oh, and stuffing. In the meat, not on the side. The duck is so oily it looks like too. It looks like pure fat.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Duck IS oily- I can't handel it! And while not ALL food from the deep south is nasty--- this just isnt normal.... AND HOLY COW $30.00 for only 4lb's?!!! Dang that fried deer tenderlion I had for breakfast was free------neighbors brought it by after they hit it with their truck just the other night. It's only classified as road kill if its COLD when you pick it up...............

Proof that I've been living under a rock since I've started back to school. I had actually never heard of this... but after examining the photo's, I'd be willing to try it... would probably even like it. Weird, I'm not usually into "non-normal" foods.

Jo

Dang that fried deer tenderlion I had for breakfast was free------neighbors brought it by after they hit it with their truck just the other night. It's only classified as road kill if its COLD when you pick it up...............

No, it's classified as road kill if it's...killed on the road. :) Had it been shot on the road, you'd have a chance. Then again, that's illegal; here anyway.

No, it's classified as road kill if it's...killed on the road. :lol: Had it been shot on the road, you'd have a chance. Then again, that's illegal; here anyway.

LOL Well Where I come from it ain't road kill unless it's cold- and If it is then I guess we all are guilty as H#@@ for eating Road kill!-- AND it aint illegal if you aint caught running that Deer down either!

I have eaten sillier sounding and stranger looking things...I would be game to try it at least....if someone else was footing the bill of course....I can get a moose for cheaper than 30$ per 4 pounds!

Brat :angel8:

It's hillarious to watch some of these reactions on the subject. You can tell the 'bambi lovers', the vegetarians, and those that think meat just 'magically appears' at the local supermarket!

I've had turducken, but its not as big deal as everybody makes it out to be. I personally think (both before and after trying it), that it's just a 'social thing'....an 'exotic sounding word' to justify excessive behavior.

Think about it, we make up exotic sounding things so that we appear to have a higher social standing than we really do.....

It's of Cajun origin. It seems like something a backwoods hick would eat; from the South. The Deep South. It's even more gross when you think about how they eat it. They cut it down the centre horizontally perpendicular. You get a sliver of duck, chicken, and turkey. And bone. Oh, and stuffing. In the meat, not on the side. The duck is so oily it looks like too. It looks like pure fat.

Do you think you could have thrown any more stereotypes into that comment?