Plans for Utilizing Multiple Helicopters

Medic2588

Does anyone have any pre-plans for utilizing multiple helicopters for large scale operations that they might be able to share? I'm working with the NJ State Police Medevac unit to set up a plan for implementing and managing a large scale air medical operation (MCIs, hospital evacuations, etc) and was hoping to see what other states or areas are doing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. PM me if you can help.

Devin

You might want to take a look at this article, http://www.1strespondernews.com/webpages/n...b6-8b139f47464d

Three Medevac's were landed, both north, and south star, as well as Atlantic Air One. Might want to take a look at how the logistics worked there. Even though there are only three helicopters, I'm sure planning was needed here. Plus, I'm in a couple photographs :D

Well Devin We don't have any HEMS crews in NJ, however..... We do know all about multiple air craft scenes and mass causulity responses..... Our company had the largest turn out for Evacuations for Katrina, utilizing 8 or so helicopters and at least 100 crew members...... So we have a good solide knowledge base for these type of opperations... Also as a NAACS member I will send out a few feelers to see if I can find out all of the EMS HEMS operators near in and around NJ....... :wink:

Does anyone have any pre-plans for utilizing multiple helicopters for large scale operations that they might be able to share? I'm working with the NJ State Police Medevac unit to set up a plan for implementing and managing a large scale air medical operation (MCIs, hospital evacuations, etc) and was hoping to see what other states or areas are doing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. PM me if you can help.

Devin

Did you talk to anyone at REMCS, since they are the ones in charge of NJSP Helicopter Dispatching?

[/font:d2c88a7378]

Hi Devin,

I am unsure if this will help you .....I would try FEMA ...as far as I recall they have large scale evac.plans . I would like to know when you are finished if they did have them and if they were useful , I have a feeling our state ( DE ) will be doing this soon ..... Sincerely , Merry

I would hope you also talk with the two private providers in the State. Just because you request two or more helicopters doesn't mean it'll just be NorthStar and SouthStar arriving.

And given local provider's tendencies recently to request two helicopters (when they only need one) because they're tired of waiting for N or S Star it's becoming increasingly common, at least in South Jersey, for the private a/c to arrive first.

I also agree with Herbie. Make sure you talk with REMCS, too.

-be safe

There aren't that many(10) in the state and I don't know that there are that many in bordering states licensed to come into NJ. And as it stands, if you're not licensed in NJ they won't let you in.

Unless, of course, they suspend the licensing requirement for some huge MCI. But I doubt it. They can't even grasp the closest aircraft concept. But I digress....

-be safe

There aren't that many(10) in the state and I don't know that there are that many in bordering states licensed to come into NJ. And as it stands, if you're not licensed in NJ they won't let you in.

Unless, of course, they suspend the licensing requirement for some huge MCI. But I doubt it. They can't even grasp the closest aircraft concept. But I digress....

-be safe

Think Mutual AID -- its a wonderful thing........ Do you think any of our air craft where licensed in Lousianna when Katrina hit? Not all of them where licensed in Texas or Mississippi either for all that matters.....

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.