Small island EMS

islandemt

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

[/font:7d21ba9033]

I work on a small Island with no Hospital, only a little clinic. And it is frigid here for better than half the year. It's challenging work but I love it. In the winter, or at least this winter we've been doing quite a few snowmobile pia, Ice rescues. We are trying to figure out a better light source, the headlamps are ok but not bright enough. Also wearing gloves, even two pair is not ideal when the temps are in the single digits. I've taken to wearing my winter gloves over nitrile. Transportation off the Island is not always available so we do alot of work in the clinic since the staff their well...lets just say you don't picture them doing many chest compressions without passing out. lol. Anyway it is good to know there are others out there.

In the winter, or at least this winter we've been doing quite a few snowmobile pia, Ice rescues. We are trying to figure out a better light source, the headlamps are ok but not bright enough.

What is a snowmobile pia?

And the only serious choice for a better light source is http://www.kchilites.com/

The Daylighters are probably all you need. But if you want to illuminate like stadium lights, get the HID version of the Daylighters. They ain't cheap, but they cannot be beat.

I know what a PIA is.

I meant what the hell is a snowmobile? :wink:

[spoil:80c7d43800]Just kidding! Thanks for the explanation. I've never heard of a PIA in thirty-five years of practice, so it must be a Michigan thing, just like snowmobiles.[/spoil:80c7d43800]

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.