Less talk, more action please.

Eydawn

Who wants to *really* try to change things?  

23 members have voted

1. 1.

• I just want to bitch about Basics. They suck.
    • I want to help educate people and change our system- but I don't have the time. Someone else do it.
    • I will actually endeavor to change our system myself, in whatever fashion I can.
    • What's everybody's problem? I like Basics!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya know what? I have no problem with the thread wandering becuase that's how a discussion in real life goes. And yes... watching scientists argue is a privilege... makes you feel a lot better about your parents!

Anyone else reading this, feel free to post more about my original rant or to play off of anything that's been introduced since. :D

Wendy

CO EMT-B

Oh by the way checked out the downloads on your site. Thanks for the resources.

Thank you, if you haven’t tried it, try the 6 second ECG (under ALS recourses), it’s fun, (how sad is that, thinking reading ECG’s is fun…).

Anyway, I now have a rant, its 2007 (8 soon),

And my question is:

HOW STUPID DO YOU HAVE TO BE TO BE A NEWSCASTER?

a) Rock

:D Stump

c) Big steaming pile of Sh*t

d) All of the above plus some.

You may inquire why as an otherwise composed and civil NYC Paramedic would go off on a rant, and I will be happy to share with you the catalyst to this current irritation:

(Long Island - WABC, November 29, 2007) - Police on Long Island are on the hunt for someone who threw a piece of wood at an ambulance, which injured the driver.

The reporter (wait that implies she can read and write), which is done for her. I Meant to say: so the talking head reads a report, about an idiot who thinks it’s a good idea to throw a LOG through the window at a unit responding to a call, She of course referred to the victim by full name, then states he is: “THE DRIVER”, as well as the "THE AMBULANCE DRIVER", actually at one point she at least calls him an “Emergency Medical Technician”, and after that calls him the “AMT” four times.

Maybe instead of the politicians we should start on educating the NEWS REPORTERS!!!!

Check out the link:

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=...&id=5792458

End of rant, thank you for time, you may now go back to your regularly scheduled random thought thread…

As Always IMHO,

Be Safe,

WANTYNU

She of course referred to the victim by full name, then states he is: “THE DRIVER”, as well as the "THE AMBULANCE DRIVER", actually at one point she at least calls him an “Emergency Medical Technician”, and after that calls him the “AMT” four times.

It's a little amusing that you refer to her as a "newscaster," a "reporter," a "news reporter," and a "talking head," but you never once referred to her as a journalist, which is the title she would prefer, as you complain about her not referring to the EMS guy by whatever term you prefer for him.

It works both ways, you know?

Lighten up, Bro. It could be worse. At least she didn't call him a fireman. :D

It's a little amusing that you refer to her as a "newscaster," a "reporter," a "news reporter," and a "talking head," but you never once referred to her as a journalist, which is the title she would prefer, as you complain about her not referring to the EMS guy by whatever term you prefer for him.

Lighten up, Bro. It could be worse. At least she didn't call him a fireman. :D

Yea she could have hosed him. :lol::lol::lol:

Yea she could have hosed him. :D:lol::lol:

Nah, they might have given her the hook for that.

She has to watch her steps as she climbs that career ladder.

Lighten up, Bro. It could be worse. At least she didn't call him a fireman. :lol:

Fireman, ya that’s funny,

They reserve that for the NYC stories, About 4 years ago we had two trains “bump” underground Pen station, a true MCI with 300 + Patients, thankfully all green tag, the media played it up (of course), but Fire was on top, so much so, they’re PR folks ran the job, we (All EMS) were staged 2 blocks away, the pumpers and ladders were of course in front of the cameras…

But you are right, calling her a talking head may be befitting, but doesn’t make it right. Good point.

Only I do reserve the name of journalist for the folks who have the guts to go where you are and actually report what is going on (as much as is allowed), so we mushrooms back home have a fleeting (as in tiny) idea of what you are facing.

A friend of mine is a medic, and just got redeployed (for the THIRD TIME) after 6 months home with his new kid, going back in March. Even with the stories and pic’s I can’t begin to even imagine how much that sucks.

Be Safe (and keep your powder dry) ;-)

WANTYNU

PS, I can’t help it, did you see the clip? She’s still a talking head…. (sorry) :D

Yea she could have hosed him. :D:lol::lol:

btw, did you notice how her eyes were all a blaze while she told her little tail...

I blame the last line on peer pressure! :lol: