I would appreciate your advice and input.

Kaisu

Yeah good job on that. Had you not have turned him in you would have been as guilty as he is and you would have allowed a cheat to prosper.

Way to go. I'm proud of ya!!!!

...I once cheated back in 4th grade and was caught. I'll never forget the humiliation and the shame that I felt. I mean who am I to point a finger ? The other part of it was that I don't respect the guy. He a me first sort of fellow and I'm not sure why he's in the field. I wanted to make sure that my personal feelings about him were not the main reason I wanted to turn him in. You all really helped clarify the issue for me and I totally appreciate it. Thank you again.

Wow, a very mature approach to this problem.

My apologies for my assumptions. Once again I'm convinced that your listed age is inaccurate and you're really a 90 year old hippie/psychologist. (meant as a compliment in case the context gets lost outside of my generation)

Good job lady. I'm going to 'barrow' your logic tree next time I'm in such a positon... :wink:

Dwayne

cell phones are not allowed to be on in class. One guy lost all his points for the day because his phone rang. However, there was no supervision in the class during the test. Most of the people in the class think he is a loser, and 2 of the other top students urged me to turn him in. They told me they would back me if required. That feels really good - to know I am not alone. I still had to run it through my own head anyway. In case you missed the post, I did turn him in.

If there were 2 others, I hope you went as a group, not as separate individuals.

Nope - me by my lonesome - but we are on a break for Thanksgiving. Classes resume on Monday with this specific lab on Thursday so we will see what transpires. I trust the instructor. I will leave it with her.

Another option is always to let the instructor know by anonymous note (so s/he doesn't press you for info or discipline you for not divulging the name) that there is cheating going on in the class (like the person who told his school administrators) and what method is being used. Ask them to lookout for whose grade falls after they implement new testing procedures :)

know by anonymous note

Back a couple decades ago when going for higher education out in Arizona, I kept being second to a guy that never studied, came to school and slept. I found out he had gotten the answer sheets for the tests. I dropped anonymous note, did not say who had the answers, etc. Next exam he failed, exam was changed. I ended as top student. He had to retake subject.