shoulder and arm splinting

Unfortunately if we were to carry a dedicated splint for every possible situation in existence then we wouldn't have room for anything else in our trucks.

Adapting with what you have is a necessity.

i agree it is definitely best to use what you got it may be tough but usually you can get the job done fairly safely and easily with minimal pain possible

Actually, we do.. It can be used for a multitude of injuries, and was specifically made for the elbow, shoulder or knee. Wooden, has a support bar and a wing nut to adjust. Yes, it's old. Older than old, prolly even older than Dust. :lol:

Also, there is a new splint that can be use for such injuries. Seen it in October 07 JEMS. Traction splint, dislocated knee splint, lots of uses. Expensive though.

I'd prolly have boarded them and used a 54" splint, and crossed over two 36" splints. Lots of cravats, maybe a SAM, some padding. I'd need to see it to get a better idea.

That's definitely not your average dislocation . I'm having trouble pictureing the KED and cravats . Assuming no head or spinal problem , what about good old fashion cardboard splints supported by a pillow ? It's hard to say not knowing MOI and not seeing the pt. Just out of curiousity , what position was pt. transported in ?

Use what you got and go with it. Some times you just have to do what you have to do :!: :!:

CMK I saw those too way TOO expensive :!: :!: :!:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.