Some quick scenarios from my interview..

I asked if there were any orientals as we all know they are smarter than other races. :roll:

Just kidding, I did not ask the above. I asked if I could meet each of them, so I could make an informed decision. Must have been right answer got the job.

Good point Ruff, but no. Manhole covers are heavy because they are thick metal so they are able to support the weight of traffic. The round shape assures they don't dent anyone's head. Any other shape could fall through the hole.

Good point Ruff, but no. Manhole covers are heavy because they are thick metal so they are able to support the weight of traffic. The round shape assures they don't dent anyone's head. Any other shape could fall through the hole.

Are you a former sewer rat? (public sewer worker)

Not that it matters, but not only are manhole covers round but the city had to tac weld them in place because thieves were stealing them and selling them to scrap vendors. A few really nasty MVC's resulted. I wonder if square ones would have been less attractive? Oh well, back to the OP thread...