Medic school nightmares.

Let's see... started medic school 2 months ago...mom of 4 children....2 jobs i am getting separated after the holidays....got laid off from my primary job....private service after 6 years!!!!!! And i have not even finished the first semester....oh joy...BUT even through all of it my grades have not suffered...thats dedication.... :lol:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see... started medic school 2 months ago...mom of 4 children....2 jobs i am getting separated after the holidays....got laid off from my primary job....private service after 6 years!!!!!! And i have not even finished the first semester....oh joy...BUT even through all of it my grades have not suffered...thats dedication.... :lol:

Congrats on the good work. Wow thats cold have the guy pay for the holidays then dump him. :lol:

Boy is medic school tough. I am currently going through it. There is I think more drauma in medic school than in high school. There are about 7 people who do nothing but complain about not having time to study, when they don't work and they drink daily. Then there are some of us like my self that work full time, on nights and go to school three days a week plus do our clinical rotations. OH and my husband is going crazy not seeing me. But to all out there who want to go to medic school, it is priceless experiance. You will learn so much, and it may feel like it was the worst idea in the world, but it is worth it in the end.

I'm in school right now, just about done with P-1, finals next week, written, practical, interview with the Med Director. i have to say it is by far the most stressful thing I have ever done. As far as people banging each other...thats not happening in my class, its a sausage fest. Man, I have got to have the best girlfriend in the world, I give her so much shit about not being around and stuff, but I'm really one not around most of the time(must be a bipolar moment) I swear since I started class, its been a bitch fest, my sex life sucks. Maybe i'm all emotional cuz of these anabolic steriods I been taking(gotta get swolled up). But then again she's a cop and rotates days and night every two months. Talk about lots of clinicals, this semester(last 3 months) on my off day's(I work 24-48 shifts) had to do 80 or more hours on a whambulance, and another 96 in the ER. Next semester its 220 on the box and 48 in the ER, then for P-3(the short 2 1/2month long semester) we gots to ride 200 hours, plus some time in the ER and at a Vets office tubing kitty cats. Man, i can't wait to get done next August, I need a vacation.

I have to say that only 2 people were messing around in my class and one of them flunked out at the end of the semester of their romp in the sack. Everyone else is married. Most of the ones married have been in EMS for a while and their spouses oddly are understanding. I on the other hand have had issues with family as well I was divorced before getting into medic class so I can't say much. Though I have realized if you are in EMS most of the time you are either going to get divorced or not have a significant other for long if they aren't in EMS or they can't be understanding. Trust is a big issue.

Why aren't you home right after your shift is finished, why did you schedule a clinical on your only day off this week. on and on and on the issues go.

My grades currently suck big time. I work for an ambulance company as a basic, I only have enough time to complete my work book and our homework given. This does not include the power point slides that need studied since thats' where our 2/3 grade comes from. My Volume 1 unit came to 78%. I need to be 80% to stay in it.

It doesn't help that I'm stressed and my classmates won't study with me. Only if the teacher would get questions from the text book material I'll be fine. Fat chance of that happening.

I'm married, Wife knows What I need to do. She's lazy, ringing up the bills and couldn't give a rats A$$ about m class when I need help. Clinical time hurts my pay since I can't work them hours. There's times when I thought about dropping out, and sometimes I still think about it.

I can't seem to get the whole drug-memorization thing. Using flashcards, recording all the information and then listening to it, writing it over (and over and over and over) again...I'm just very bad at rote memorization, and it is killing me and my my grades.

My relationship is on the rocks, too, but I think that is because I'm too stressed and living in a dirty house that, no matter what I do, seems to stay dirty (I don't have the time to clean!)