Medic school nightmares.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The very first term of Medic class was a real trial for me. Two weeks into it my best friend's brother committed suicide....this guy was like a brother to me. I guess looking back the warning signs were there. It still hunts me to think of that night. I did not go to that scene but I was working in the ER when he was brought in. The last week during the final practical exam I got a call the my Aunt had been hit by a car. In my mind I was thinking "Oh no here we go again"

Let's see... My Daughter was born 3 month's into class... not to mention I already had a 2yo at home. Our Director was fired, our class room was moved two miles away....then our Instructor was fired and in the middle of it all after we had memorized 3/4 of our drug manual they changed it. We started out with 21 students and graduated with 11 (yes I was one of them :D ) good times! :?

Being a mom of four kids and having two jobs keeps me busy, so when I registered for classes I decided night classes worked best. I have to take biology but the only classes were held during the day, three days a week. The school did have an online course. Sounded good to me. Lesson: NEVER TAKE AN ONLINE BIOLOGY COURSE, especially when it's the inaugural year. After we spent much time meeting with the dean of students, they pulled the online classes being offered in the future. Unfortunately for us, we were given no alternative. She won't even let us join an existing class. I'm currently getting a "D". Gotta have a "C" to be accepted into the Medic program. Got "A"s in all my other classes. Oh well, I guess I'll just do even better when I have to retake the class next semester.

Currently I am taking a psych: death and dying class. I am discovering that I have some unresolved issues when it comes to the deaths of some close family and a friend. I have been fighting depression for the last three weeks. The professor has been great about making herself available for us.

Hopefully things only get better.