Hey

ChaseZ

My original intention going into nursing school was to pursue flight nursing (Have the best of both worlds)

I would love to volunteer somewhere and get back on a truck.

You do realise that being a flight nurse is the leading cause of death amongst flight nurses?

I'm sure there are lots of truck drivers out there that might let you onto their truck.

Yes, im on my phone, apparently I can't quote with it either. I do sometimes log on with my laptop.

Iowa accepts the registry, but after I test, my recertification will be Iowa state certification unless I request to remain nationally certified. Then I have to do that myself as it is a lot more work.

I do not know the laws of all the states. I just knew our Emts that became nurses can challenge the registry exam and can ride as paramedics.

It was more of a question than a statement.

I live in the corner of the state and have people in my classes from two other states, I really was unsure whether location had much to do with National registry or not. Like I said, it was more a question than a statement.

My daughter is in nursing school, will be an rn and then getting her bsn. She is also an emt student on our squad and will be challenging the registry test to run paramedic as she goes for her bachelors.

Questions questions questions....

Be prepared, I have a lot. Lok

Hey, you are a BSN, and an EMT, I just might.

I learned long ago, helping people was a passion, whether it was organizing fundraisers for Relay for Life or joining EMS.

Even though I myself am new to this forum, you could be a valuable source of info for myself and others.

Sure, ask anything you would like. I was one of two people in my class with EMS experience. It really did not help academically but did somewhat in clinical. I was more comfortable with patients than my classmates. However my actual EMS experience is very limited, I only worked as an EMT for 3 months before moving for school and working in a hospital. It is surprising how little EMS/nursing actually know about or understand each other. Most RNs couldn't tell you the difference between an EMT and a Medic and most EMS workers only see RNs at either LTC/SNFs or in the ED.

Lol my director is a nurse for a living and a paramedic. We have several nurses on our squad, one is a bsn in the ER. I guess maybe that's why we all get along so well. Our er docs are our family physicians.... etc

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.