• Create Account
Current Chat Room Users
0 users are in Main Room:

Did you know it is free to become a member?  Just click "Create Account" on the top right of this page.

Photo

Need Some Help With Learning Emt Basic Drugs

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 liz

liz
  • Members
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Posted 20 February 2009 - 07:34 PM

Hey guys Im in the Emt-b class right now and today is our first test I am so very excited to be going into this field however I know it is going to be a very challeging class I need alot of help learning the classes of the 8 drugs that me the basic Emt will be able to admister I know all of them just need help with the classes and dosages
thanks

Title changed to reflect content....AK

#2 WelshMedic

WelshMedic
  • Members
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:Travelling, Books and Beer. Preferably combined.
Neutral

Posted 20 February 2009 - 07:53 PM

Liz,

Welcome to the sit here. First of all let me congratulate you on deciding to join EMS, it's a decision that you are likely not to regret.

I think you need to be a little more specific with your question when it comes to druga and their dosages. Also remember that there any number of sources you can consult on the net. You will also find that a particular dosage varies from region to region, depending on the current opinion of your medical director.

Having said that, feel free to pose a specific question here, I'm sure there will be someone willing to help.

WM

#3 CharleeFoxtrot

CharleeFoxtrot
  • Members
  • 27 posts
Neutral

Posted 20 February 2009 - 08:59 PM

In Michigan, the only drugs EMT-Bs are allowed to give are oxygen and oral glucose paste. They can assist patients with inhalers, nitroglycerin and aspirin if the patient has these already. Not quite sure what other drugs you may be referring to...

#4 mr_ed1972

mr_ed1972
  • Members
  • 7 posts
Neutral

Posted 21 February 2009 - 03:36 AM

you can also assist the pt. with a prescribed epi-pen if the pt has it with them.

#5 CBEMT

CBEMT
  • Elite Members
  • 1,657 posts
Neutral

Posted 21 February 2009 - 06:01 AM

In Michigan, the only drugs EMT-Bs are allowed to give are oxygen and oral glucose paste. They can assist patients with inhalers, nitroglycerin and aspirin if the patient has these already. Not quite sure what other drugs you may be referring to...

I'm sure s/he's referring to the drugs that IN HIS/HER STATE he may administer. Since s/he mentioned there are 8 of them, I'd think it's safe to say s/he's not in Michigan, therefore telling him/her all you can administer is oxygen and oral glucose is kind of pointless wouldn't you say?

I could list off all 11 medications (plus one assist med) that my state's EMT-Bs can administer, but how would that help him/her learn his 8?

you can also assist the pt. with a prescribed epi-pen if the pt has it with them.

Says who? S/He hasn't told us what the authorized meds are yet. Maybe s/he's not permitted to assist with an epi pen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users